semi trailer door

Help Support CattleToday:

danl

Reaction score
I have a 40' aluminum refrigeration type semi trailer that I need to replace the doors. One of them was replaced with a sheet of plywood before I got it.
Now both of them are about to fall off.
I was kind of looking at a roll up door, but the opening is 7' x 7'. I would like to be able to lock my tractor in there. but even with rop down I don't think it will squeeze under, after allowing for the headroom one of those doors takes.

Mostly want it to store feed, away from rodents. Trailer is real tight except for the door.
Any other ideas??

a regular lift up door for a semi trlr doesnt use up anthing more than the opening. so if yer tractor will fit thru the door it would go inside.they go up higher inside than the opening. theyre on rails like a reg garage door.
if it had swing doors about all you can do is make a big door frame and hinge one side and cover plywood with tin..or just tin..

I would look for a private trucking company or reefer trailer repair shop. most of the time the scrapped trailers are not damaged in the rear. If your wanting rodent proof your gonna need doors that seal properly.

If that is out of the question- build a single door with atleast 4 hinges out of 2x4s with cross bracing and attach T111 or metal roofing panels

M5farm":3aa9xts0 said:
I would look for a private trucking company or reefer trailer repair shop. most of the time the scrapped trailers are not damaged in the rear. If your wanting rodent proof your gonna need doors that seal properly.

X2

I called a place that sells doors, and I think I'm going to go with the above diy suggestions. It was over 400.00 and that was no hardware. I think most of the hardware is still on the doors if it's not so rusted I can't get it off.
I'm thinking marine plywood and thin sheet metal.