New trailer floor

Help Support CattleToday:

Cada22

Reaction score
Last night we replaced the trailer floor with 2" thick white oak. My question is should we go back and put wooden strips or bull panels on the floor for traction? Which is more effective? Any other suggestions on materials?

Thanks

cattle panel or you could of just spaced your boards apart an inch. self cleaning and traction.

On my aluminum trailer with aluminum floor I ended up using the stall mats like TSC sells. It seems to work good but It does make cleaning the trailer floor more work. I am not sure how aluminum is affected by excrement.

SALTBRANCH2":3igwzjek said:
On my aluminum trailer with aluminum floor I ended up using the stall mats like TSC sells. It seems to work good but It does make cleaning the trailer floor more work. I am not sure how aluminum is affected by excrement.

That's exactly why we ditched the idea of mats because we are a threat to not pull them out and wash it after every haul.

I have cattle panel on the floor. I am obsessed with washing it out and I spray it down with diesel couple times a year. It's a 1977 model Hanover still going strong.

I have 1/2" deformed bar welded into a grid about 12" squares. The bottom bars go longitudinally and you can still hose it out though the grid is easy to slide out.

Ken

I would put wooden strips down , they can be replaced and no danger of a weld breaking and creating a stabbing threat.

Saltbranch2- be careful with those mats. They'll hold moisture between them and the aluminum floor. Someday you'll pull them back and see a pitted, discolored floor that appears to be degraded. Go ahead....ask me how I know.......

We just bought a 28 year old trailer with a checker plate aluminum floor, has great traction and no need for mats.. It's in perfect condition.

I used 2"x8" and cattle panel u bolted down. Now I use stall mats over the top of that mess. I'll just throw this out there, public perception is a big deal to some folks. We can't have our cattle peeing and pooping all over the different schools at the farm days. This has been brought to our attention more than a few times throughout our travels.

Latest posts