• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

semen tanks

BUSCHCOUNTRY

Reaction score
i am new to ai and just got a steal on 2 tanks and a shipper. 1 is a mve apollo sx18, one a linde xr16 and a mve bds5 shipper. they all are missing plugs and stuff and i can get the plug and cap for the sx18 but before i put money into it is there a good way to tell if the vacuum is good? also does anyone know where to get parts for the linde, it seems to be the one in best shape but i cannot seem to find any parts online? thanks ahead of time.

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
Contact your ABS or Genex breeder. They might be able to help.
To test the tank, they need to fill it (but it must have the "plug") and time it to see if it holds for recommended time.

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
Used semen tanks are a crapshoot-I'd put them where you walk by them every day. It all depends on how valuable the semen is that you are storing.

novaman

Reaction score
Unless you know these tanks are good, I wouldn't waste my time with them. Even if they were free, I wouldn't take the chance. A new tank isn't that expensive when you consider one or two racks of semen lost would have paid for a new tank.

dun

Reaction score
Get it filled and leave it sit for a week. Then refill it and check the level every week or 2 for a month or so. If it's holding good, then get it refilled and only then put semen in it.

Latest posts