Selling machinery

Help Support CattleToday:

OzssieDave19

Reaction score
Well. I came off a large family farm intent to do it on my own, ended up on a hobby farm and got a job. Sometimes fathers and sons can't work together.

Anyway after a few years of hanging on to everything I am selling most things. I loaded up the Ute and a huge trailer and took a bunch of stuff to Ritchie Bros, the rest i sold privately. Feels invigorating to have shed space may full it with a camper. Anyone sold with Ritchie Bros? What was your experience.

No experience with Ritchie Brothers, but anytime you can get a crowd of people and/or listed nation wide it usually brings more, but the down side is there are fees/commissions to pay. Just reviewed a big machinery sale yesterday on the net as it seems good desirable in demand equipment brought well and junk brought junk prices.

I have seen the prices of some machines I knew, prices were way too high for the abused junk that is was, but then hard to tell some stuff maybe, especially if it was online or people did not look around it properly first.

I certainly can relate to the father/son issue. My dad ran a successful garage, and when I left after working for room and board, and he had to hire someone and actually pay them money, it was a different outlook on his part. I wish now I would have stayed and just took my licks, he's been gone almost 25 years, and I still miss him.

Hey Snoopdog. I'm sorry to hear that and yeah I hear you. I got paid a living allowance and that was it. After I left a cashed up guy who worked on an oil field leased it and had all the good ideas and money behind him. Amazing how dad couldn't see the difference between a guy with off farm money to a career farmer who had a lot of heart in the job. Doesn't matter now. It's onwards and upwards.

Latest posts