Second chance

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
Need to blow off a little steam. I let a person that I had a lot of problem getting money from a couple of years ago write me a check for 2 calves a few weeks ago. He seemed to have straightened up so I gave him a chance. Well now the check has been returned. I feel I can get it made right but still makes me mad. My wife laughed at me and said she told me so. His dad is a good friend and he has a good job so I can get the money or the calves back.
Is anyone else a sucker when it comes to people you have known all their life.

I'm easy to get the first time, harder to get the second. You did what you thought was right and in my book that counts for something.

Larry

Might just take a few loads of corn from him and call it even. Bet I can get a deal on corn this time to keep me from taking him to court.

larryshoat":zqq397zv said:
I'm easy to get the first time, harder to get the second. You did what you thought was right and in my book that counts for something.

Larry
I agree Larry.

Kenny, at least you know you will get something back but it's still irritating.

I couldn't count the times I've fixed something knowing I probably wouldn't get paid and didn't. It always struck me as funny that they really in truly think I probably forgot about it. But ya' know, if they needed something and I thought they were worth helping, I'd do it again. gs

Happens all the time for me. I like to trust people but its getting hard any more. The thieves stealing metal have about run out of luck.

I have gone to only accepting cash from most people. Bothers me that so many have no problem taking advantage of others, and can look them in the eye the next time they see them.

I must be a hard a$$, if they buy something from me I make them prove they can pay for it by giving me nothing but cash, although I did trade some tires for a pistol a few years back...... No checks, money orders, cashier checks ever..... Just green

For a long time I thought that old line, "The check is in the mail" was just a joke. :)

Then I found out that it is not a joke. :mad:
I don't think there should be any penalty for homocide when it involves lying, cheating, stealing , two-faced, business associates.
(Did I mention lying?)

I hate doing business with friends & family. Try hard to never do it.
One of my inlaws has a close "friend" ( :roll: ) who still owes him 90k from a business deal. He knows he'll never see it, and he's too nice a guy to pursue a lawsuit.

Kenny, how you feelin' ? Hope you're doing well! I worry about all you guys who try to do battle with 1000lb critters.

CottageFarm":1a5j15ov said:
One of my inlaws has a close "friend" ( :roll: ) who still owes him 90k from a business deal. He knows he'll never see it, and he's too nice a guy to pursue a lawsuit.

Kenny, how you feelin' ? Hope you're doing well! I worry about all you guys who try to do battle with 1000lb critters.

Must have been the damage from the cattle accident that lead me to believe that this guy was ok. But when he handed me the check I never thought twice about it. Going to give him till next weend to make it good or everybody in the area will know it. But also I can pick up the calves I guess. He has been feeding them real good.
cottage farm, the outside has healed good but the thinking part is still bad. I have so much trouble remembering things. I just thought I was suppose to call Angus Cowman early this morning. Oh well.

kenny thomas":2gjlq2p5 said:
CottageFarm":2gjlq2p5 said:

Must have been the damage from the cattle accident that lead me to believe that this guy was ok. But when he handed me the check I never thought twice about it. Going to give him till next weend to make it good or everybody in the area will know it. But also I can pick up the calves I guess. He has been feeding them real good.
cottage farm, the outside has healed good but the thinking part is still bad. I have so much trouble remembering things. I just thought I was suppose to call Angus Cowman early this morning. Oh well.

Naw, that's just bein' a good person. Take care of yourself!

I used to be like that would help anyone where I could, but I have had my fingers burned to many times so I won't do anything for anyone who wouldn't help me back, you soon get to know who those people are.

Glad to hear you are healing well Kenny, in time hopefully your full memory will come back. didn't owe us a $ or so????? ;-) :lol:

Latest posts