Chance to be a land owner

Help Support CattleToday:

Sounds like we are going backwards. I wouldn't dare build a house on someone else's land with the hope of them being pleased enough with me after 5 years to deed me the property.

I have worked for some who furnished a house. While the pay may not have been that great I was able to save a lot of money. In one case I was able to save 85% of what I made because the only expense I had was food. Being a dumbazz, I got a little ansi about moving on and the guy I worked for tried to talk me out of leaving saying I was doing better than I thought but I wanted to go and make some real money at another job. Man was I a dumbazz for leaving that job because while I made more money at the new job I was only able to save around 15% of my earnings.

This type arrangement is fairly common here but can be dangerous since the tendency of most is to spend what they make and not save. In the case Hurley posted I could see a person really getting in a bind after working those years and losing their home. I couldn't see doing that myself. I view that about the same as someone asking me to supply my own work truck and they buying the gas. I'm amazed at how many agree to do this.

Jogeephus":14kcruxb said:
Sounds like we are going backwards. I wouldn't dare build a house on someone else's land with the hope of them being pleased enough with me after 5 years to deed me the property.

I have worked for some who furnished a house. While the pay may not have been that great I was able to save a lot of money. In one case I was able to save 85% of what I made because the only expense I had was food. Being a dumbazz, I got a little ansi about moving on and the guy I worked for tried to talk me out of leaving saying I was doing better than I thought but I wanted to go and make some real money at another job. Man was I a dumbazz for leaving that job because while I made more money at the new job I was only able to save around 15% of my earnings.

This type arrangement is fairly common here but can be dangerous since the tendency of most is to spend what they make and not save. In the case Hurley posted I could see a person really getting in a bind after working those years and losing their home. I couldn't see doing that myself. I view that about the same as someone asking me to supply my own work truck and they buying the gas. I'm amazed at how many agree to do this.

I think somewhere I read that Detroit is razing houses that are abandoned and giving the land to someone that wants to do a mini farm.

hurleyjd":2poxugdg said:
Jogeephus":2poxugdg said:

I think somewhere I read that Detroit is razing houses that are abandoned and giving the land to someone that wants to do a mini farm.

My son lives in Detroit and he says areas are rotting to the ground. One of the main problems is taxation and a corrupt local gov't. They keep raising the taxes so everyone moves out and builds outside the city limits. Then Detroit annexes these areas and the people bail out again. Its like an aggressive leach stalking down the taxpayer. I don't think Detroit is actually just giving anyone the land they are just trying to find someone dumb enough to pay their taxes to keep the leaches in their lofty thrones.

Latest posts