school lockdown.. charges pressed.. think of the children!!

Help Support CattleToday:

ddd75

Reaction score
local school went into lock down.. sheriff called in.. charges being pressed..

insane..

6th grader forgot a box cutter in his jacket.. (*probably helping dad on the farm) found it when he got to school.. placed it in his locker and went and told a teacher immediately.

Response? LOCKDOWN.. RESOURCE OFFICER DETAIN KID (probably tackled him) sheriff called in ! full charges!!!!!!

GET HIM! !

GET HIM BOYS !! ! !

insane.. just insane..

what does this teach the kids?? DO NOT SAY A WORD!

never thought they'd act like this in farm country but I guess everyone is so detached from reality anymore. Not sure what world I woke up to but I don't like it.

Now he probably will come back and shoot the principal and every one will be like... the guns... the guns.

Sadly you have to really be aware of the schools politics and the town where you live now. It was never really an issue here in rural America but now... I would really think long and hard about where I live. Some thing like this can ruin a young persons future.

The parents should go public on that if they try to press charges. I think that will cause huge blow back if that is really how it went down.

I would be interested in any updates you can provide as this issue continues. I agree the parents should start a backlash of media attention. The boy realized he had it in his pocket and knowing it was wrong reported it so not to get in trouble...... he just didn't realize he was dealing with some of the dumbest animals on earth. So many officials have lost one of their senses, the common one! Confiscate the box knife .....end of story. Please keep us updated

Alan":2dwgxfl2 said:
I would be interested in any updates you can provide as this issue continues. I agree the parents should start a backlash of media attention. The boy realized he had it in his pocket and knowing it was wrong reported it so not to get in trouble...... he just didn't realize he was dealing with some of the dumbest animals on earth. So many officials have lost one of their senses, the common one! Confiscate the box knife .....end of story. Please keep us updated

I agree - please keep us updated on this.

Maybe they were just trying to show how serious they are about keeping kids safe and using this as an example. Or they have some policy that wasn't thought out too well and everyone was just trying to cover their butt. Or possible just another fine example of how there is little common sense in our school systems now days.

slick4591":18ddszm7 said:
Not many administrators want to use their heads these days. They need hard line rules so they don't have to make a decision.
You are right.
People don't realize or care that with every rule to organize and protect (?) there is a loss of freedom.
I used to think that freedom was what this country was all about.

TexasBred":1d9d2dk1 said:
https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/local/graham-middle-school-student-brings-box-cutter-campus/jgNEzZZFI2QuG6KxWL7acI/

That reads a little differently than the first story.

herofan":361qj764 said:
TexasBred":361qj764 said:
https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/local/graham-middle-school-student-brings-box-cutter-campus/jgNEzZZFI2QuG6KxWL7acI/

Might be two different events. OP reports a male offender and TB's link reads a female.

slick4591":3dpsyipe said:
herofan":3dpsyipe said:
TexasBred":3dpsyipe said:

Might be two different events. OP reports a male offender and TB's link reads a female.

Then there must have been two incidents involving middle schoolers bringing box cutters to school that day.

paper said sheriff office called to scene, they were thinking of WHAT charges to charge.

didn't know it was a girl.. wow.

school lockdown and all parents were texted an event was happening.

Latest posts