School Board and Superintendent

Help Support CattleToday:

As some one that has been a local school board president, for change to happen you will have to run for school board along with some friends. The next step is to start firing people until you get the result you want.
I would start by firing the principal and the superintendent at your first meeting. That will get everybody's attention. BTDT. Yes, we had to pay them both to stay away from our school district for 2 years, it was worth every penny.

this is why we home school so I don't have to put up with idiots in a prison style "education" system.

ddd75":28sg9rxr said:
this is why we home school so I don't have to put up with idiots in a prison style "education" system.

If my parents had tried to home school me I would probably have run away and joined the circus. :lol: :lol:

TexasBred":217v9j8t said:
ddd75":217v9j8t said:

If my parents had tried to home school me I would probably have run away and joined the circus. :lol: :lol:

You may have not ran away from home but by coming on to this site regularly you have definitely joined the circus.

Dave":sunv493h said:
TexasBred":sunv493h said:
ddd75":sunv493h said:

You may have not ran away from home but by coming on to this site regularly you have definitely joined the circus.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I appreciate all the comments. 

My purpose in wanting to know how to apply pressure is not vengence, but to obtain information and effect change if what I've heard is proven true. 

I did not start to form judgement on this situation until, first trying to obtain information.  The unwillingness to meet and answer basic questions by the principal with myself and other parents does not bode well to fostering trust.  The willingness of the teacher to respond quickly and freely with us gives the impression of honesty on her behalf.

In all fairness, I still don't know. 

I was out of town Monday or I would have been sitting in the principal's office until she found a moment to speak with me.  There was a scheduled meeting yesterday- but that is because I called to have my name added to the school board meeting.  Which caused someone from the Superintendent's office to call- she is more or less an assistant Superintendent so that's what I will label her here for this thread's purpose. She caused the principal to call when i notified them i hadn't heard a peep from her.   The principal was also requested to call every other parent Tuesday night because the assist superintendent requested she do so. It is apparently normal procedure that was supposed to have happened before the note was sent out last Friday.

I have not held back in expressing my displeasure in how this has been handled from beggining to now.

Even if the teacher is guilty of something very problematic, the school has not been forth coming in as much information as legally allowed and fostering communication.

The teacher was not fired, she was just not offered a contract for the Spring semester. This school district only offers semester contracts until they are tenured.

Logically, things aren't adding up.

My wife is meeting with the teacher tomorrow. If she is not concerned about what may come out in public with this going in front of the board, then we will take her at her word and pursue this. If she requests that we not have this aired in public, then i will assume the administration is acting in good faith, though executing it poorly.

I would make every effort to get on the agenda at the next meeting. At least you will have the opportunity to say what's on your mind and perhaps get some feedback from them.

Commercialfarmer":2o11mawo said:
I appreciate all the comments. 

My purpose in wanting to know how to apply pressure is not vengence, but to obtain information and effect change if what I've heard is proven true. 

I did not start to form judgement on this situation until, first trying to obtain information.  The unwillingness to meet and answer basic questions by the principal with myself and other parents does not bode well to fostering trust.  The willingness of the teacher to respond quickly and freely with us gives the impression of honesty on her behalf.

In all fairness, I still don't know. 

I was out of town Monday or I would have been sitting in the principal's office until she found a moment to speak with me.  There was a scheduled meeting yesterday- but that is because I called to have my name added to the school board meeting.  Which caused someone from the Superintendent's office to call- she is more or less an assistant Superintendent so that's what I will label her here for this thread's purpose. She caused the principal to call when i notified them i hadn't heard a peep from her.   The principal was also requested to call every other parent Tuesday night because the assist superintendent requested she do so. It is apparently normal procedure that was supposed to have happened before the note was sent out last Friday.

I have not held back in expressing my displeasure in how this has been handled from beggining to now.

Even if the teacher is guilty of something very problematic, the school has not been forth coming in as much information as legally allowed and fostering communication.

The teacher was not fired, she was just not offered a contract for the Spring semester. This school district only offers semester contracts until they are tenured.

Logically, things aren't adding up.

My wife is meeting with the teacher tomorrow. If she is not concerned about what may come out in public with this going in front of the board, then we will take her at her word and pursue this. If she requests that we not have this aired in public, then i will assume the administration is acting in good faith, though executing it poorly.

The most disturbing part to me was, offering the job to someone still taking finals. Some home cooking going on there.

For sure. Counselor apparently has known her since the age of 5. One parent said, so for a couple years then? :)

I asked how many teachers they interviewed. Apparently that is restricted kniwledge that is illegal to release. I asked if they were that ignorant of the law? She tried to shut down the meeting for me calling her names. I just continued firing questions instead of trying to educate an educator on the definition of ignorance, and it not being a name.

TexasBred":24pld80g said:
I would make every effort to get on the agenda at the next meeting. At least you will have the opportunity to say what's on your mind and perhaps get some feedback from them.

Yeah, I think you're right no matter what becomes of the situation tomorrow. There is still going to be a smell in Denmark.

I watched the community in my area get all wound up when a teacher got fired "for no good reason" (per the teacher). There was a reason and it is never wise, usually against policy, and frequently illegal for the board/administration to divulge it. For every 100 people that get fired, 99 claim it was for no good reason.

angus9259":3ro0l8g8 said:
I watched the community in my area get all wound up when a teacher got fired "for no good reason" (per the teacher). There was a reason and it is never wise, usually against policy, and frequently illegal for the board/administration to divulge it. For every 100 people that get fired, 99 claim it was for no good reason.
Next to impossible to fire one down here especially with the teaches union. Gotta be something extremely serious.

Everyone with children in school should develop some sort of relationship with a member of their local school board. Building trust before an incident is the best way to be sure and have your voice heard. Same goes for other local public officials. Getting to know them a little before you need them goes a long ways.

Everyone with children in school should develop some sort of relationship with a member of their local school board. Building trust before an incident is the best way to be sure and have your voice heard. Same goes for other local public officials. Getting to know them a little before you need them goes a long ways.

If I were a teacher why would I work for a district that only offers semester contracts. I can think of a few reasons but not sure I am willing to hang around if I have the chance to get let go in the middle of the school year. Be kind of hard to find a job mid year as a classroom teacher. At least in my area.

Latest posts