School Board and Superintendent

Help Support CattleToday:

Workinonit Farm":37qf3h9s said:
Commercialfarmer":37qf3h9s said:
Anyone have any suggestions on how to go about handling the local school board and superintendent?

Any news yet as to what is going on?

Wife met with teacher. She said they asked her to leave on the Friday previous to when we heard the news. She said she wouldnt leave the kids mid year. They told her the next Monday, since she wasn't willing to leave, they'd go the evaluation route. She could leave today, or leave in a week. So she ended up resigning that day as she was too upset to walk back into the classroom with the kids. If her story is a lie, it hasn't changed in meeting any of the parents we've spoke with. The principal wanted her gone because she treated children as students and not friends.

So they claimed she isolated children in the classroom. What they failed to mention, is that the child was a behavioral challenge who was wielding scissors. She moved the other kids over until someone else could assist her.
I can't remember off the top of my head what the next claim was, but she said it consisted of her having kids put their heads down during recess for acting up. And that the other 1st grade teachers do the same thing. She won't come back, and I don't blame her if this is true.

One kid had to go to an alternative school- my understanding is he and the parents both appreciated her structure. He just couldn't handle the normal classroom.

This class has 5 kids that are behavioral challenges- i know zero names. Should be a real rodeo for the new teacher with no experience. The principal daughters class has no kids classified as a behavioral challenge.

I will be attending the next meeting in a couple weeks.

Thank you for the follow-up! I find this very interesting and disturbing as well. It seems to be a new trend. We have a neighbor who is a 3rd grade teacher, and she has discipline issues. The main reason being........... she's not allowed to discipline the children. It may "hurt their feelings", it could have a "negative impact on their self worth". As the years progress, she has more and more kids in her classes that are disruptive and a problem. And as one would expect, it brings everyone down to a lower level.

There's more that goes on, but, I won't.

It sounds like the school lost a GOOD teacher.

Sorry to hear this. The ones it hurts the worst are the good kids. GOOD teachers and administrators don't get paid enough money for what they have to deal with, imo.

Latest posts