Scheduled heart device implant for Thursday morning.

Help Support CattleToday:

My 5:00am departure for Kingwood will come early so I'll just say thanks all for your prayers and well wishes.

Hope all goes well. Never heard of that device but sure it will do the job. Had a stint put in Feb 3 at Memorial Hermann Cardiovascular Institute down there. Kept me three day mainly just making sure there was no lower paralysis.

Hope that goes well. Crap, getting old is heII, dying is easy! I cannot imagine any reason to be afraid of death.

Bright Raven":188p0lw0 said:
Hope that goes well. Crap, getting old is heII, dying is easy! I cannot imagine any reason to be afraid of death.

Well I don't agree with anything but the first sentence. Getting old beats the alternative, dying sure doesn't look easy to me from the outside looking in, I'd be lying if I said I'm not afraid of dying, at least I know what I have here and where I'm going.

True Grit Farms":2mkfrn35 said:
Bright Raven":2mkfrn35 said:

Well I don't agree with anything but the first sentence. Getting old beats the alternative, dying sure doesn't look easy to me from the outside looking in, I'd be lying if I said I'm not afraid of dying, at least I know what I have here and where I'm going.

About a week ago, I was checking the mineral feeder. In less than a heartbeat, the world was spinning around me. Like a flash, I recognized that I was going to faint. I went down, I barely hit the ground with my knees when I regained full consciousness.

I have a friend who is an EMS employee. He took my blood pressure. It was 106/64. My pulse was 54.

I called my brother and ask that he and I make contact once a day. Because if I drop dead, I don't want my 2 dogs to die of thirst.

But one thing this taught me: GOING OUT LIKE A LIGHT IS THE EASIEST TASK THAT A HUMAN WILL EVER COMPLETE.

Dying is easy. The devil is in getting everything in order while you are still in a conscious state.

Hope everything went well for you GB! Wishing you a speedy and uneventful recovery.

CT has had a love/hate relationship with me all this past week, so I just seen this thread.

Clinical study on efficacy and safety of the Watchman based on 106 patients age 50-88 at a high risk for strokes.
94.3% success rate implanting the device without complication (1 blockage, 1 stroke, 8 minor fluid build ups)
12 month survival rate: 100% of all 106 patients (no deaths) (2 strokes)
conclusion: safe and useful while being credited with a 50% reduction in the expected rate of strokes

Bright Raven":1ishz0h4 said:
True Grit Farms":1ishz0h4 said:
Bright Raven":1ishz0h4 said:

About a week ago, I was checking the mineral feeder. In less than a heartbeat, the world was spinning around me. Like a flash, I recognized that I was going to faint. I went down, I barely hit the ground with my knees when I regained full consciousness.

I have a friend who is an EMS employee. He took my blood pressure. It was 106/64. My pulse was 54.

I called my brother and ask that he and I make contact once a day. Because if I drop dead, I don't want my 2 dogs to die of thirst.

But one thing this taught me: GOING OUT LIKE A LIGHT IS THE EASIEST TASK THAT A HUMAN WILL EVER COMPLETE.

Dying is easy. The devil is in getting everything in order while you are still in a conscious state.

Hope all is OK Ron. We can hope that it is going to be like the lights going out while we are still relatively well, it is the protracted time in a nursing facility that is a bit of a worry. I can't sit or lie in the one spot for too long.

Ken

Bright Raven":tsgk9o0s said:
True Grit Farms":tsgk9o0s said:
Bright Raven":tsgk9o0s said:

Dropping acid is so 1970's. Dam hippies.

Son of Butch":1l7ychot said:
No worries Ken, if you fall into a coma, laying in one spot is a short learning curve. grrr no smiley emjies to use.
I'm sure you made him feel a lot better!

GB just text me he survived is going have to stay in the hospital a little longer.
Copy of text.
It appears i have survived the procedure but will be in hosp a while longer..

Caustic Burno":20iq2k9p said:
GB just text me he survived is going have to stay in the hospital a little longer.
Copy of text.
It appears i have survived the procedure but will be in hosp a while longer..
thanks for the update, and tell him we are waiting for his return to the forum!

Am glad to hear he is doing alright.

My son called last Friday to say he did his first solo open heart surgery doing a valve replacement on a patient and the outcome was good. I don't know who was prouder, he or I. Seemed like yesterday I was teaching him how to cut bull calves and now he's cutting on people. Its amazing what they can do now.

Latest posts