Scheduled heart device implant for Thursday morning.

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":xiu3f7dv said:
Ron, that fainting sounds more like a glucose problem, unless you have some serious cardio problems, like plugged arteries.
You just got a warning.......don't ignore it.
GB

First, thank you for the PM. It was informative and detailed. The information you provided was as detailed as I got from the Doctor.

I had my blood work Monday. A full panel. Every thing came back within the reference interval range. Even the TSH for thyroid function which was the only test that I was out of range on last year.

They assigned me to the doctor who specializes in diet at the family practice I go to. Dr. Gallenstein. I met with him yesterday. It is worth going over some of his general comments.

First, he is a total vegetarian. To avoid a long discussion, his primary point is similar to what we often hear posted on this forum. BE VERY CAREFUL OF GENERAL NEWS REPORTS THAT YOU SHOULD EAT THIS OR THAT!

Unless you are putting the necessary time into researching the topic of diet on a daily basis, the general reports on the news are very misleading. As we often hear, many of these studies that say red meat will cure everything from warts to heart disease are probably rhetoric being pushed by an advocacy group. Same goes for reports that we should eat nothing but tofu.

The truth is much harder to sift out. I confessed that I eat a good percentage of meats in my diet. But I added that much of that is fish. He responded that despite the rhetoric, fish also has the same saturated fats as beef especially catfish which is what I eat. Unfortunately, people take a little bit of good news and make it sound like fish is a cure all!

At the end of the day, no one really has the sacred gosphel on what anyone should eat.

At the end of 45 minutes with Dr. Gallenstein, he said he would not suggest any further tests based on my fainting episode. My pulse was 52 on the morning he met with me. At Krogers, I checked it again and it was 48. He thinks with my low pulse and low BP, that the random dizziness and the fainting event I suffered is due to a moment of oxygen deficiency. Oddly, he has the same condition. He showed me his pulse was 53 while we sat there.

He checked my heart and lungs. Both sounded good. He was surprised at my cholesterol for my age. He made some notes on my lab results which are shown below. He prefers 150 on total cholesterol and 70 on LDL. I was 159 on total and 71 on LDL.
9u9qqd.jpg

Bright Raven":wimj0pme said:
greybeard":wimj0pme said:
Ron, that fainting sounds more like a glucose problem, unless you have some serious cardio problems, like plugged arteries.
You just got a warning.......don't ignore it.

9u9qqd.jpg

Looks like the PSA came back good.

Latest posts