Scheduled heart device implant for Thursday morning.

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5":7eaoij3j said:
Have they restricted your walking ??? you can kill hours just walking. That's what i have always done after a surgery that restricted working. However i've never had anything that evasive as a heart surgery
Yeah, I talked to them today about walking. No extended walking, no treadmill, no cycling or riding the 4 wheeler. (wife and I ride bicycles, (laugh if ya want to, it don't bother me) I needed to to keep weight off and keep my blood sugar in check) Most of the restrictions are related to the hole they poked in my groin. It's lots bigger than the one they did in 2015 when they did the angiogram)

greybeard":19aplj1v said:
M-5":19aplj1v said:
Have they restricted your walking ??? you can kill hours just walking. That's what i have always done after a surgery that restricted working. However i've never had anything that evasive as a heart surgery
Yeah, I talked to them today about walking. No extended walking, no treadmill, no cycling or riding the 4 wheeler. (wife and I ride bicycles, (laugh if ya want to, it don't bother me) I needed to to keep weight off and keep my blood sugar in check) Most of the restrictions are related to the hole they poked in my groin. It's lots bigger than the one they did in 2015 when they did the angiogram)

I would only laugh if you wear one of those Lycra neon body shorts and wear a clam shell helmet.

greybeard":1tta9oob said:
M-5":1tta9oob said:

Glad you made it ok and are doing well.

I'm worried about Mrs. Greybeard. Are you driving her up the wall yet?
Glad the procedure went well and you're on the mend. You will be playing catch up on all your projects before you know it. Happy healing!

Just saw this now as my computer has been messed up for a few days. Good to hear you are doing good.

I just read all this, that is some scary stuff, I'm glad it went well. I finally got health insurance and have been seeing a doctor, turns out my blood pressure was sky high and he's not sure why. Really has me worried I go to a hematologist in a couple weeks.

ohiosteve":29kfu6ld said:
I just read all this, that is some scary stuff, I'm glad it went well. I finally got health insurance and have been seeing a doctor, turns out my blood pressure was sky high and he's not sure why. Really has me worried I go to a hematologist in a couple weeks.

No matter what the doctor says start off slow and easy, you've made it this far as you are.

Interesting to see how this works for you and how you get along as preventing the blood clots is the biggest danger and this looks like it will help.

Had my weekly followup today a few days early. Still some serious soreness, swelling and bruising "down there" where they inserted the tooling in the artery to reach into my heart, and, that whole area is a dark purple, but it should start going away soon.

Had a minor scare late last week. A lump started growing in my groin about where the incision was, but down a little deeper. Dr was in surgery so I saw his asst and she sent me over same day (thrusday) for an ultrascan of it and she called me Friday. The tech said it was an "unidentifiable mass' that looked like enlarged lymph node. (lymphoma runs in my family) Back to the lab for a full blood panel and had to go in today so the cardio electrician that did the procedure could look at it first hand. Said it was bruising on the artery around the plug they put in it. He didn't like my blood work results and asked about my diet after looking at my extended cardio chart for the last 2 years. Said "You've lost nearly 60 lbs in the last year..what you been eating?"
I told him, honestly and he told me to "lay off that lean pork and chicken breasts and eat more beef", You need to build your blood back up so we don't have to start iron infusions".

So, I stopped at Hofbrau in Porter on the way home ..........
cfs.jpg

Yep, tough world, but orders is orders and like a good Marine, I always follow orders. Probably not what he had in mind, but gotta start somewhere....... It's what's for dinner.....
(My full time regular cardiologist had always told me "You can eat all the lean beef you want, just avoid fatty food")

Caustic Burno":34ye4ys6 said:
https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/geritol-liquid-high-potency-vitamin-%26-iron-supplement-with-ferrex-tonic/ID=prod6112604-product

Geritol
That crap's for old fogies like you....and, I'm not to take any vitamin supplements while on Warfarin (next 6-8 weeks) . Especially if they have any VitE and VitK. They are Warfarin antagonists.

A very fast non-stop drive thru town or over it on my way to the ER is more like it, assuming I didn't blow that artery plug out before they even got there...or BP drop way lower than it already is normally.

greybeard":fdm1nkhq said:
Caustic Burno":fdm1nkhq said:
https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/geritol-liquid-high-potency-vitamin-%26-iron-supplement-with-ferrex-tonic/ID=prod6112604-product

Geritol
That crap's for old fogies like you....and, I'm not to take any vitamin supplements while on Warfarin (next 6-8 weeks) . Especially if they have any VitE and VitK. They are Warfarin antagonists.
Amazing how a good man goes through all that surgery etc. and then the dam doctor puts him on "rat poison" (Bar Bait) . lololol

Just temporarily TB, and only because it works at the right amount without making ya bleed out almost every orifice in your body like when I was on Xarelto. Bad enough to have a solid stream of dark red in my urine for 48 hrs straight but when I had blood coming out my eyes, that was it for me.

greybeard":2vgxipsf said:
Just temporarily TB, and only because it works at the right amount without making ya bleed out almost every orifice in your body like when I was on Xarelto. Bad enough to have a solid stream of dark red in my urine for 48 hrs straight but when I had blood coming out my eyes, that was it for me.
Oh he//....I'd have been shytin' it as I ran screaming down the road. lol

Latest posts