Salvage Value Just Went Up

Help Support CattleToday:

Vic, there are 1001 other things to do, why did you do that?

Get well soon and take good care of the leg. You will need it next year when you go antelope hunting.

Speedy healing my friend!! I think I'd rather tear my hamstring again than tear up my ankle like you did.. Sounds horribly painful!! :frowns: :shock: And RIP to your favorite boots! :tiphat:

I hired a hand once who was a serious BS'er, he claimed he had 40 pounds of steel in one of his legs. His salvage value was definitely his outstanding quality, had it been true.
Get well.

Dang Vic, I no more than got over mine and it sounds like you broke in the same place as I did but worse. I avoided surgery. I'll be thinking of you buddy. I hope everything goes well. Your friend Rod.

Better watch out since bad stuff happens in 3s. Friend of mine has hernia surgery the first of October, a week ago he rolled his 4 wheeler and cracked his hip. Yesterday he fell down the basement stairs, broke his ankle, 3 ribs and a wrist. The good news is he didn;t screw up his hip any worse then it was.

Black and Good":by5asr1m said:
Dang Vic, I no more than got over mine and it sounds like you broke in the same place as I did but worse. I avoided surgery. I'll be thinking of you buddy. I hope everything goes well. Your friend Rod.

Call me when you get some time tomorrow!

3waycross":5qp43xrc said:
greybeard":5qp43xrc said:
I too thought this was going to be the result of some derring-do or other misadventure befitting your real life persona.
Strange isn't it, how we can physically mistreat ourselves 1000 times and then make one little step (or misstep) we've made every day and suddenly tear something up?
At least you had it looked at and tended to instead of lyin there and ending up like old Gus mcCrae.

Take it easy and heal quick!!

let me tell you GB, lying there in a fresh pile of crap in the dark, with a broken ankle is about as real as it needs to get for me. All i could think of was I sure hope those goofy sunsbyches don't decide to come back and stomp me little. :shock:

BTW hopping 30 yards with an ankle flopping and trying to hang on to your son convinced me real quick that i ain't no Gus McRae. :nod:

The thing that really broke my heart is it cost me my favorite pair of work boots.

You let them cut off your favorite pair of boots?????? Just how much of a Nancy are you?

But seriously having had lots of experience with healing up broken part I advise that you listen to the doctors, rest a lot, and think positive thoughts. Also if you do get one of those nice bells only use it for emergencies, other wise you could find it planted somewhere that you don't want it.

Dave":1wzlpkt4 said:
You let them cut off your favorite pair of boots?????? Just how much of a Nancy are you?

I'm wondering the same thing. Makes you wonder. I'm thinking this is all part of HIS plan. Give 'em an inch (ie the abundance of legal pot in Hemp Springs) and he's gonna take a mile and go for the good meds the stuff you got to have shattered bones and stuff to enjoy.

3waycross":1kcag86f said:
let me tell you GB, lying there in a fresh pile of crap in the dark, with a broken ankle is about as real as it needs to get for me. All i could think of was I sure hope those goofy sunsbyches don't decide to come back and stomp me little. :shock:

BTW hopping 30 yards with an ankle flopping and trying to hang on to your son convinced me real quick that i ain't no Gus McRae. :nod:

The thing that really broke my heart is it cost me my favorite pair of work boots.

Jsut messing with you Vic but this comment makes it sound like you shyt your pants too. :shock: :shock: :lol2: :lol: :lol2: :hide:

TexasBred":2kou4pq2 said:
3waycross":2kou4pq2 said:

Jsut messing with you Vic but this comment makes it sound like you shyt your pants too. :shock: :shock: :lol2: :lol: :lol2: :hide:

TB, I missed that. But it certainly sounds that way. Now Vic, not saying that things don't happen, but there are things that are better kept to yourself. Even if it is just to protect your image of manhood.

OK OK ya'll got me..............haha yes it does read that way doesn't it.

got my permanent cast today. getting a look at that 6 in inscision sure sobered my ass up. lots of staples and black and blue.

Feels better tonight though with a hard cast on it. Got some new meds too. The vicodin was making me realy sick.

Gotta say I am married to an Angel she has pert near killed herself taking care of me. Even went and got me a scooter so I don't have to use those miserable crutches. Easier to smoke the chronic too when you don't have to worry about falling off your crutches.

GB, don't worry, he must be on some good laxatives already, haven't you noticed he's anally retentive ;)

Don't get addicted to that scooter though!.. I'm sure it must be nice to have. When I broke my leg they were too cheap to stitch me as well, I got stapled back together as well.. 20 years later you can see the scar of each staple

greybeard":2yhgtcxk said:
Careful---Some of those pain meds will plug you up tighter than a 20p nail in a bodark board.

Already got that tshirt my friend.....................things are moving along nicely now though.

3waycross":24o1hdtg said:
greybeard":24o1hdtg said:
Careful---Some of those pain meds will plug you up tighter than a 20p nail in a bodark board.

Already got that tshirt my friend.....................things are moving along nicely now though.

Guess this means your not coming bird hunting this year?

Jake":au7xg30f said:
3waycross":au7xg30f said:
greybeard":au7xg30f said:

Guess this means your not coming bird hunting this year?

Maybe in Jan. If nothing else i would like to see your cattle. I will leave my buddies over by Oberlin and come squeeze cows with you!.

Latest posts