Sale barn fire.

Help Support CattleToday:

Speaking of sale barn in KY. Did anybody hear about the guy getting shot and killed at the sale barn in Springfield KY on Monday. It says nobody heard the shot because of all the cattle making so much noise so they don't know who did it.

Ojp6":19f1njjf said:
Speaking of sale barn in KY. Did anybody hear about the guy getting shot and killed at the sale barn in Springfield KY on Monday. It says nobody heard the shot because of all the cattle making so much noise so they don't know who did it.

I searched for it after seeing your post, finally found it but not much info on it. They suspect foul play, well duh!

I heard on the radio that the Governor toured the site and proclaimed the state would help them rebuild. I wonder if he has a clue how many new regulations the facility will have to meet. It would surprise me if it is ever rebuilt.

john250":16rtcrfa said:
http://www.kentucky.com/opinion/editorials/article60137771.html

If I remember correctly, one of the justifications for opposition of the relocation site was the World Equestrian Games that were going to be held in that vicinity.
I am hoping that they will be able to rebuild where ever they choose. I sell mostly at Bluegrass East, and occasionally buy and sell some at the Ky Certified Hereford Influence sale at Bluegrass South.

United Producers in Owenton has added a Monday sale to their normal weekly scheduled Wednesday sale. We sold 53 calves last Monday and I was pleased with the results. They are planning to run this new Monday sale for a few months to see how it goes.