Sale barn 3/19

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Prices were nuts today at the barn.
Seen 2wt caves bring 500 bucks or better today .
Those people will never break even on those calves.
Prices on back to the farm girls were all over the place must have been something the air.
Seen cows that should have been on the way to Lone Star not back to the farm going
for more than better cows.

4wts brought up to 2.30

Sounds about like it is here. I think the last 2 weeks was the high for this time around. I sold some 670lb tiger stripe steers for 1.67$ and some good black and BWF steers at 580lbs for 1.96$ this week.

denvermartinfarms":259qj1no said:
Sounds about like it is here. I think the last 2 weeks was the high for this time around. I sold some 670lb tiger stripe steers for 1.67$ and some good black and BWF steers at 580lbs for 1.96$ this week.
I threw my hat in the ring on a 7wt Bradford heifer baled on her at 1.80 to many back to the
farm buyers liked her.
I looked hard at a couple grey Brimmer heifers they were not overpriced just didn't want
to feed them to maturity, looked 8 to 9 months old be ten to twelve months before breeding age.

I also saw a higher market today. Not many cattle at the sale. 600 lb bull yearlings $165 to $168. A good yellow steer that weighed 520 brought $197. There was one good young bred cow (4 yr x 6 mo. bred) brought $1950

BC":3vi4qvux said:
I also saw a higher market today. Not many cattle at the sale. 600 lb bull yearlings $165 to $168. A good yellow steer that weighed 520 brought $197. There was one good young bred cow (4 yr x 6 mo. bred) brought $1950
I think people were feeling their oats with this green up going on.
Lot of spring grass that has nothing in it.
The barn was packed yesterday.
Oops frost tonight here, better still have some hay.
Mowing the yard last week setback this week

sounds like the cattle prices have spring fever.i guess people are still short of cattle if they are buying cows that need to go to the packers.

On Thursday I bought a dozen good black 800 pound heifers for $1.42. At the Friday sale a lot of the backyarders showed up and a bunch of short fat 800 pound heifers brought $1.55. Grass fever is starting to show up and the regular buyer will start sitting on their hands.

bigbull338":1v6rtozw said:
sounds like the cattle prices have spring fever.i guess people are still short of cattle if they are buying cows that need to go to the packers.
I seen cows being bought that the best place for them was Wolf Brand.. Saw one zero mouth cow by 6 bring 1400 crazy.

Latest posts