Safest States In America

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms said:
Very nice. I've been testing these in my S&W Airweight and pretty dang happy at 10' or less.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1017694215/cci-big-4-shotshell-ammunition-38-special-84-grains-4-shot

I have never saw those before.....those would be good to have and the reviews so far plus your feedback I will get some. Thanks.............Update: Just placed an order for some as I will try the 10 round package and get more as needed....

TennesseeTuxedo said:
You let your wife travel to Dallas unarmed?

You cad!
Daughter wanted to go there for vacation, husband couldn't get off work (16 hour drive) with three kids so my wife went along to help. Just got off the phone and they are on the way back. Visited family In Greenville,TX and Dallas and they took them all over that place in the last 4 days....

jltrent said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

You cad!
Daughter wanted to go there for vacation, husband couldn't get off work (16 hour drive) with three kids so my wife went along to help. Just got off the phone and they are on the way back. Visited family In Greenville,TX and Dallas and they took them all over that place in the last 4 days....

Unarmed!

You're as bad as me. I let my wife drive alone to Austin and back 2 weeks ago all without so much as an AR 15 in her Tahoe.

Violent crimes in Ely Mn. in 2017... One
1 aggravated assault, 0 murders, 0 rapes, 0 robberies
property crimes 40
2 car thefts, 7 burglaries, 31 thefts/larceny

A city the size of Ely Mn should average 1 murder every 29.5 years, so watch out they're overdue.
The last murder has been over 44 years... March 9, 1975.

3 men were returning from Wolf Lake (Goedders the victim) Nelson and Walhlberg.
Nelson was driving Goedders car, Goedders was asleep in passenger seat, Wahlberg in the backseat.
Car was on empty coming into Ely, Nelson stopped at Holiday gas station and put in $1 of gas, then
drove to Wahlberg's truck. Wahlberg retrieved a hatchet from his truck and they drove up Echo Trail
reaching a side entrance to a logging trail Nelson backed the car into a clearing. Nelson and
Wahlberg got out to urinate. They then woke Goedders and when he reached the rear of the car
Wahlberg attacked him from behind with the hatchet and Nelson in front stabbed him with a knife.
Goedders last words "Help Me" were to Nelson to which Nelson took a step back saying "finish him."
They loaded his body in the trunk and drove to Ely car wash and washed the car and themselves up.
Goedders body in the car trunk was discovered 5 days later in the co-op parking lot.
Trial:
Wahlberg was sentenced for 1st degree murder to life in prison in Oct. 1977 and eligible for parole
after the year 2000. Nelson collaborated with police and plead guilty to 2nd degree murder.

No motive for the killing was ever established. There were 2 local gossip theories.
1. Nelson and Wahlberg were dealing drugs and FEARED Goedders was going to rat on them.
2. Goedders was messing with Wahlberg's girlfriend.

Morale of the story.
Most victims know their killers.
In small cities you are far more likely to be murdered by a spouse than by a stranger on the street.
Perhaps buying 'the wife' a gun is not the smartest thing. :) .... but to each their own.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
jltrent said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

You cad!

Unarmed!

You're as bad as me. I let my wife drive alone to Austin and back 2 weeks ago all without so much as an AR 15 in her Tahoe.

Are you assuming or did you read something I didn't. Did your wife take her sister with her? That would be a good way to get a farm.

Son of Butch said:
Violent crimes in Ely Mn. in 2017... One
1 aggravated assault, 0 murders, 0 rapes, 0 robberies
property crimes 40
2 car thefts, 7 burglaries, 31 thefts/larceny

A city the size of Ely Mn should average 1 murder every 29.5 years, so watch out they're overdue.
The last murder has been over 44 years... March 9, 1975.

3 men were returning from Wolf Lake (Goedders the victim) Nelson and Walhlberg.
Nelson was driving Goedders car, Goedders was asleep in passenger seat, Wahlberg in the backseat.
Car was on empty coming into Ely, Nelson stopped at Holiday gas station and put in $1 of gas, then
drove to Wahlberg's truck. Wahlberg retrieved a hatchet from his truck and they drove up Echo Trail
reaching a side entrance to a logging trail Nelson backed the car into a clearing. Nelson and
Wahlberg got out to urinate. They then woke Goedders and when he reached the rear of the car
Wahlberg attacked him from behind with the hatchet and Nelson in front stabbed him with a knife.
Goedders last words were to Nelson "Help Me" to which Nelson took a step back saying "finish him."
They loaded his body in the trunk and drove to Ely car wash and washed the car and themselves up.
Goedders body in the car trunk was discovered 5 days later in the co-op parking lot.
Trial:
Wahlberg was sentenced for 1st degree murder to life in prison in Oct. 1977 and eligible for parole
after the year 2000. Nelson collaborated with police and plead guilty to 2nd degree murder.

No motive for the killing was ever established. There were 2 local gossip theories.
1. Nelson and Wahlberg were dealing drugs and FEARED Goedders was going to rat on them.
2. Goedders was messing with Wahlberg's girlfriend.

Morale of the story.
Most victims know their killers.
In small cities you are far more likely to be murdered by a spouse than by a stranger on the street.
Perhaps buying 'the wife' a gun is not the smartest thing. :) .... but to each their own.

A person is more prone to use a gun against a animal or bailing someone else out of a jam than in self-defense. My wife shot a moccasin this morning while mowing the grass around the lake.

True Grit Farms said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
jltrent said:

Unarmed!

Are you assuming or did you read something I didn't. Did your wife take her sister with her? That would be a good way to get a farm.

I'm trying to get rid of one as it is. Don't need another.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
True Grit Farms said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Unarmed!

Wife or farm?

jltrent said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
True Grit Farms said:

Wife or farm?

Lol, I wondered who would catch that. I'm not saying.

SOB, you keep posting them great stats on Minnesota, you folks elected a great representative , not saying that ours is any better, but atleast he doesn't have a towel wrapped around his head, can't wait to see them Vikings stats this year. 👍

I can't apologize for liking my home state, especially outside the 7 county metropolitan area.
But I don't view the majority of small town America as that much different than rural Minnesota.

As for the Vikes, they'll put up great stats for having one of the toughest schedules in the league
in 2019 and go 10-6 but of course they will fall short in the playoffs as usual. It's what they do.

Son of Butch said:
I can't apologize for liking my home state, especially outside the 7 county metropolitan area.
But I don't view the majority of small town America as that much different than rural Minnesota.

As for the Vikes, they'll put up great stats for having one of the toughest schedules in the league
in 2019 and go 10-6 but of course they will fall short in the playoffs as usual.

I think you'd find here in the south is a lot different than what your use to. I spent a lot of time in Two Harbors, MN and have a fIshing cabin in Hayward, WI. I'm fully aware how good you have it, that is till the cold sets in for months. People always tell me they can take the cold better than the heat, they've never been to Duluth in February.

Heading up to Spooner wi, next Saturday, for a week will spend some time in Hayward, beautiful part of the country, and great fishing.

haase said:
Heading up to Spooner wi, next Saturday, for a week will spend some time in Hayward, beautiful part of the country, and great fishing.

Can't beat that, do you fish the Chippewa? My cousins own a candy shop on main street in Hayward, and the Lakewoods resort and golf in Cable.
https://tremblayssweetshop.com
www.lakewoodsresort.com

True Grit Farms said:
Son of Butch said:

in 2019 and go 10-6 but of course they will fall short in the playoffs as usual.

I think you'd find here in the south is a lot different than what your use to. I spent a lot of time in Two Harbors, MN and have a fIshing cabin in Hayward, WI. I'm fully aware how good you have it, that is till the cold sets in for months. People always tell me they can take the cold better than the heat, they've never been to Duluth in February.

Grit, I was just down in your neck of the woods a couple weeks back. Stayed in north Georgia, but spent 1 day down by Atlanta. I was a little hesitant of going to Georgia in the end of June but that's what my wife wanted to do. We were blessed with really nice weather, mid to upper 80's most days, and think a day or two may have been low 90's but that's not too bad when your not doing any work. Had a good time just relaxing and seeing the area. Thought of getting on here and seeing if anyone in Georgia would be up for some out of towners checking out their farm & cattle but never got around to it. Only problem I had with your state was that I couldn't stop trying different BBQ joints out and ruined my diet.

Son of Butch said:

in 2019 and go 10-6 but of course they will fall short in the playoffs as usual. It's what they do.

I'll trade teams with you...Texans for the Vikes.

If a person is going to call somewhere home, they should always stand up for it. State, and country.

Latest posts