4. Utah
5. Connecticut

46. Texas
47. Arkansas
48. Florida
49. Louisiana
50. Mississippi
https://wallethub.com/edu/safest-states-to-live-in/4566/

South Carolina, Mississippi and Louisiana have the most traffic deaths per mile driven.
While snowy Massachusetts, Minnesota and New Hampshire have the least.

Lowest % uninsured: Massachusetts, Hawaii, Vermont, Minnesota and Iowa.
Highest % uninsured: Texas, Alaska, Florida, Oklahoma and Georgia.

Highest % with Rainy-Day Funds: North Dakota, New Hampshire, Minnesota, Hawaii and California.
Lowest % of adults with Rainy-Day funds live in West Virginia, Oklahoma, Missouri, Mississippi and Tennessee.

Does more law enforcement per person make things worse?

#3 safest Maine is 49th in law enforcement employees per capita while
Louisiana the 49th safest is #2 in law enforcement employees per capita.

The one I got a tickle out of was emergency preparedness. Alaska Is #1. No kidding if you live in the middle of nowhere you best keep the shelves well stocked. The #3 is Nevada. Again if you don't live in one of the cities it is most likely a long drive to town so you stock up. There will be a huge difference just within any state based on where you live. I am certain if you asked the same questions in Portland and in Baker County the results would dramatically different.

Woohoo KY ain't in the bottom 3 as in most of those lists, :banana: :banana: :banana:
Seriously though, I don't put much stock in any of those rankings.

Ky hills said:
Woohoo KY ain't in the bottom 3 as in most of those lists, :banana: :banana: :banana:
Seriously though, I don't put much stock in any of those rankings.

I'm not so sure somebody doesn't pay to be on the top of these list. Some list (like these) always seem odd to me. Same with top vacation spot, product, ect I've been to some really cool place that aren't ever on the vacation spots. Guess it depends on what your looking for and your idea of vacation.

Son of Butch said:
LOL - yup, states are altering work place accident reports, traffic reports and paying bribes
to 'win' the coveted crown of Safety State.
The work place deaths, take a look at the state and where or what people do for employment. For years to 4 jobs with the highest on the job death rate were commercial fishing, logging, mining, and farming. Office jobs are a whole lot safer than any of those four. Like 100 times or more safer. The safest states have big urban areas with lots of office jobs. The ones with a high death rate have few office type jobs and more farming and mining. Commercial fishing and logging are more limited in both area and percent of population.

Washington has the lowest number of cops and in Personal and property safety they rank #39. And scroll down through methodology to disaster preparedness and you will find it is based climate disaster dollars. Thus those states which suffer from hurricanes and tornadoes rank much lower. Nothing to do with how "prepared" the population is.

We don't stand a chance in the south because of the demographics of the population. There's not a state in the US of A that I'd feel comfortable walking the streets without a pistol in my pocket.

the LEO's per capita makes me laugh too.. It sounds like it's putting the cart before the horse, who'd have a large police force to maintain if there wasn't a use for it? Of course the highest crime areas are going to have the most LEO's

Just last week Chicago hired 1500 more police officers to roam the streets. Guess Chicago is so much safer now. Anyone want to go on a walk on the south side?

sim.-ang.king said:
Just last week Chicago hired 1500 more police officers to roam the streets. Guess Chicago is so much safer now. Anyone want to go on a walk on the south side?

Your fate would be about the same as walking on the south side of Atlanta.

True Grit Farms said:
There's not a state in the US of A that I'd feel comfortable walking the streets without a pistol
in my pocket.
Seems some people are afraid of their own shadow. (That's how Australian Women get shot.)
I've walked on streets of several major cities including Chicago without incident.

Perhaps it's because I'm a man and I might feel differently if I were female or a child.
But to think anyone would feel the need to be armed to walk the streets of Ely, Mn. pop. 3,500
or thousands of other cities in the USA would almost seem to me to be a sign of a guilty conscience
or a mental imbalance. I just can't relate to such fear, it must be an awful feeling to live that way.

94% of the time FEAR is:
False
Evidence
Appearing
Real

"I thought the cell phone in her hand was a gun." - officer Mohamed Noor

Son of Butch said:
True Grit Farms said:
There's not a state in the US of A that I'd feel comfortable walking the streets without a pistol
in my pocket.
Seems some people are afraid of their own shadow. (That's how Australian Women get shot.)
I've walked on streets of several major cities including Chicago without incident.

Perhaps it's because I'm a man and I might feel differently if I were female or a child.
But to think anyone would feel the need to be armed to walk the streets of Ely, Mn. pop. 3,500
or thousands of other cities in the USA would almost seem to me to be a sign of a guilty conscience
or a mental imbalance. I just can't relate to such fear, it must be an awful feeling to live that way.

94% of the time FEAR is:
False
Evidence
Appearing
Real

"I thought the cell phone in her hand was a gun." - officer Mohamed Noor

It's the other 6% I'm worried about. SOB, you have a lot more faith and trust in the human race than I do. I figured you'd know the odds as well as anyone. Why not stack them in your favor whenever possible? The peace and calmness I feel in some areas of the country is definitely relaxing, but I'll have a just in Case in one pocket and a pistol in my other pocket.

In this picture my grandfather has a pistol in his waste band just a few miles north of Ely. I suspect the population was even less back then.

My wife does not care much for guns, but a few days ago she ask me to get her one. They had a good sale on these yesterday at the local shop, so I got her one. I weighed it at 14.2 oz. and all you do is pull the trigger and the double action trigger is easy to pull and not to long of a stroke. With the .38 +p ammo it is no .357, but want have the recoil either. She is in Dallas now and suppose to get home today, so we will see how she likes it.

RU2O04S.jpg

XZKC5U8.jpg

They sold out by noon a box full of inventory on these and could have sold a lot more the owner told me. $299 + tax out the door and n transfer fee if buy from them....
QElKJ8g.jpg

jltrent said:
My wife does not care much for guns, but a few days ago she ask me to get her one. They had a good sale on these yesterday at the local shop, so I got her one. I weighed it at 14.2 oz. and all you do is pull the trigger and the double action trigger is easy to pull and not to long of a stroke. With the .38 +p ammo it is no .357, but want have the recoil either. She is in Dallas now and suppose to get home today, so we will see how she likes it.

RU2O04S.jpg

XZKC5U8.jpg

Very nice. I've been testing these in my S&W Airweight and pretty dang happy at 10' or less.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1017694215/cci-big-4-shotshell-ammunition-38-special-84-grains-4-shot

Latest posts