S&W Bodyguard

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Has anyone seen/handled/fired the new polymer framed 38 Bodyguard?

Thanks

They feel and look similar to the LCR. It seemed to me the LCR is alittle better made; didn't really like the cylinder release on the S&W. But I sure wouldn't turn one down if the price was cheap. I did like the laser setup on it.

How was the trigger? The LCR trigger compared to my 642 (with a spring job) pretty much sucked

I liked the trigger pull, but then again, I liked the LCR's trigger. The 642 may have spoiled you. I ended up with a LCP because it was so much easier to conceal; it shoots good and is reliable but must have at least a 10 pound trigger pull.

Back in the early summer, I was looking to buy another 38. I liked the S&W 442 cause my wife has had one for years, but I also liked the new LCR. I couldn't decide which one of the 2 that I like best, so I bought both of them.

As far as the 442, there's not much to say, they are an excellent revolver. Well made, time proven.

The LCR is a new type of revolver, a bit lighter (couple of ounces) and Ruger makes a good firearm. I believe my eyes like the sights on the LCR better.

Its a tossup, each revolver is a great firearm. Each has there own finer points over the other. I am proud to own each one.

Nowland Farms":3k6q8ths said:
Back in the early summer, I was looking to buy another 38. I liked the S&W 442 cause my wife has had one for years, but I also liked the new LCR. I couldn't decide which one of the 2 that I like best, so I bought both of them.

As far as the 442, there's not much to say, they are an excellent revolver. Well made, time proven.

The LCR is a new type of revolver, a bit lighter (couple of ounces) and Ruger makes a good firearm. I believe my eyes like the sights on the LCR better.

Its a tossup, each revolver is a great firearm. Each has there own finer points over the other. I am proud to own each one.
Th etrigger on the LCR just felt heavier and longer then the one on the 442. But I've put a lot of rounds down range with the 442 and maybe it's just that I'm more atuned to it. That's why I was curious about the new S&W bodygaurd. Haven;t been able to get my hands on one yet to try. For sights I have cromsontrace grips on the 442, but if I have them turned off I still just point shoot.

I picked up a Bodyguard at a gun show on Saturday, didn't like the feel of it and the cylinder latch looked/felt cheap. Plus it was in an awkward position and the cylinder had a lot of freeplay. Didn't ask them to take the zip tie off to feel the trigger, but it doesn't seem anywhere near the quality of the 642.

Latest posts