S.E.T.L.A. Show

Help Support CattleToday:

warpaint

Reaction score
A really good turnout for Setla's first show. It was held at the Ala. A&M campus in Huntsville, Ala.

Although, I didn't do so well, (Paint was second in class both days, and Vintage was third both),

Kelly did an excellent job, bringing home several Reserves and Grands. (Too bad they were someone else's cattle, :oops: ) We didn't have anything ready yet.

He also took Showmanship in his age
group for both days. His mother and I are very proud of him. I'm sure, Waga will post all the particulars when she has time.

Here's a few pics of the show from our end some of the others.

BLLCarmella_Kellyb101606.jpg

Kelly & BLL Carmella, March 06 heifer
On day 1 she took 2nd.
On day 2 she took 1st, Reserve Jr. Champion and Grand Champion. Kelly used her and won two Showmanships in the Youth show and she did well in the adults.

BLLTuscanyRose_Kellya101606.jpg

Kelly and BLL Tuscany Rose, May 06 heifer
On day 1 she took 1st, Jr. Female Champion, Reserve Grand Champion.

101_1477.jpg

Kelly and BT Rita's Legacy, October 04 Heifer, 4 1/2 mo. bred.
She took 4th in her class but still looked good he was looking for cows with calves. She had great horn just no calf. That was the only thing the judge really hit her on. We as well as BT Farms like to wait til our calves are close to two before breeding.

101_1502.jpg

Not the best photo but his Mama is got good photos of him but not fromthe show. Will add when I get some.

Kelly and BLL Cherokee Cowboy, March 06 bull
On Day 1 and day 2 he took 1st and then Reserve Grand Champion.

101_1514.jpg

Kelly and Ryan during Showmanship.

GeorgePaint-1.jpg

Don't Warpaint look good with his bull.

Warpaint and Medicine Hat War Pint, June 05 Bull
took 2nd both shows but he looked good just beat by older bulls.

Thank you for sharing all these great show photos, and congratulations to all, young and old, in the ring! I'd say you did great, nice looking animals and exhibitors. Way to go!

A little faux pas on my part. This was not S.E.T.L.A.'s first show. It was their first at the new facility at the A&M Campus. Sorry. :oops:

But, on a further note, the TVA association would like to invite any longhorn breeders to our show, at the same facility, in early May.

Great pics. Glad everything went well at the show! Congrats to Kelly on the showmanship, too!!

On a side note.. are yall going to make down to either of the Autobahn Shows... Dallas (this weekend) or Ft. Worth Stock Show in January? I know its a pretty good haul for yall.

Ryan

Ryan":2m2u1zro said:
Great pics. Glad everything went well at the show! Congrats to Kelly on the showmanship, too!!

On a side note.. are yall going to make down to either of the Autobahn Shows... Dallas (this weekend) or Ft. Worth Stock Show in January? I know its a pretty good haul for yall.

Ryan

Thanks, Ryan. Unfortunately we won't be able to make the Autobahn show. I really wish we could for Kelly's sake. But we don't have any that will be ready then.

Warpaint,(our bull) has been officially retired from the showring.
Kelly is not old enough to show him, and because of my work schedule, his temperment in the ring, due to his age,(the bull, not Kelly), he will be put with a few cows to start his career as a breeding bull.

Yeah well, my temperment was running pretty high that day, after having to fight him all over the showring. The judge wanted all 5 in the ring at the same time, and they were all trying to get at eachother.

Congratulations to Kelly! Looks like he's got good showmanship! Sorry to hear that Warpaint is retiring, but I'm anxious to see those first calves once they hit the ground. Good luck with his first breedings!

Jay

Sounds like a good show!

Congrats to Kelly, great work on his part!

I love looking at the pics from the Longhorn show as we don't see that many over here.

Latest posts