• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Rusting netwire on purpose.

Help Support CattleToday:

M.Magis

Reaction score
Any sort of acid will work. I use vinegar when trying to rust chain for treestands or traps.

Farm Fence Solutions

Reaction score
Start with Red Brand and wait a year.
Had a customer recently that wanted rusty posts and wire. Best I could do was raw pipe and concrete remat.

kentuckyguy

Reaction score
Soak in white vinegar for a few days. I do it with my new traps so they will rust up a little and take dye.

JMJ Farms

Reaction score
I would have said throw it in a fire as well. Not an inferno, but a fire. But Dash said it would destroy it and I have no reason to argue with his reasoning.

I’ve rusted galvanized tin with a vat and muratic acid with mixed results. Can’t remember exactly but it had something to do with the fact that I didn’t get all of the protective coating off first in order to get to the galvanized coating.

pricefarm

Reaction score
callmefence":1h62fris said:
Need to make two rolls of galvanized netwire rust. Any ideas.??

No need to rust new wire. I have 1000s of feet of wire already rusted. Just come take it down and replace it with new and it's yours. I'll even pay for the new wire.

Nesikep

Reaction score
if you could drag it in sand or something with a quad, that would probably do it

How about finding some used, rusty stuff to begin with?
Edit: I missed PriceFarm's reply

Latest posts