Russia

Help Support CattleToday:

Jessica06

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what happens since they enacted this import ban. Do they produce enough to feed themselves? I didn't think so? I guess they'll have to increase imports from China. The markets sure seem to be dropping fast.

Just glad we sold most of our steers last week!

ricebeltrancher":15tx34y1 said:
It will be interesting to see what happens since they enacted this import ban. Do they produce enough to feed themselves? I didn't think so? I guess they'll have to increase imports from China. The markets sure seem to be dropping fast.

Just glad we sold most of our steers last week!
lol, maybe that's why they want Ukraine back. Wasn't it the breadbasket of the USSR?? They probably could feed themselves if they had the right system and some modernization. Much of the country is worthless for agriculture of any kind though. Long as the Kremlin doesn't run out of vodka all is well.

I googled it, it amounts toes than 1% of our exports. I guess well over react as usual.

Read a story that the bears in the Moscow zoo are pizzed. The stuff they were fed was all imported and now it's been banned. Maybe they should feed putin to them.

It's kind of a cut off your nose to spite your face deal. Kind of funny, really...
Them, "I'll show YOU by going WITHOUT!"
Us, "Okay, suit yourself".
The way most agricultural products have been selling this is almost a non-issue. There are plenty of other export options and the prices will still be phenominal.

They're working on it

Welcome to the world's largest vertically integrated cattle and beef operation, located near Bryansk, Russia. With 110,000 cows now and plans to grow to 225,000 in the next three years, two feedyards and a packing plant, the Miratorg operation is expanding aggressively. Here's an inside look at the operation, courtesy of Bob Sager, a Montana veterinarian who recently visited the operation.

http://beefmagazine.com/cow-calf/photo- ... -operation

Shanghai":2u2zn2mi said:
They're working on it

Welcome to the world's largest vertically integrated cattle and beef operation, located near Bryansk, Russia. With 110,000 cows now and plans to grow to 225,000 in the next three years, two feedyards and a packing plant, the Miratorg operation is expanding aggressively. Here's an inside look at the operation, courtesy of Bob Sager, a Montana veterinarian who recently visited the operation.

http://beefmagazine.com/cow-calf/photo- ... -operation
If it's works well enough ADM or Cargill will buy it. :cowboy:

This will hit us hard. Market is full of pork and milk products. Prices will go down. Let's hope this will end soon.

Can't be true. The current administration said Russia's recent announcement "amounts to near zero consequences for the American farmer" and we all know they would never ever lie..