Rusk Mental Institution

Help Support CattleToday:

Never used a Roxor but I like the specs on them. Most all UTVs are all nice and handy but are priced too high, goes back to the I-cant-make-money-in-cattle problem. An old Ranger or Geo Tracker is good enough.
Who said the conversation was about equipment bought with cattle money?

Doubt CB billed his bass boat agaisnt the cattle also.

Got that right last thing I am spending money on is a cow!
Been driving down that road over half a century.
If the weather doesn't change I will have the last few in the county.

Got that right last thing I am spending money on is a cow!
Been driving down that road over half a century.
If the weather doesn't change I will have the last few in the county.
Trash hay is going for $110 a round bale. You can find good hay for $150 TSC is asking $165 for round bales that don't look great.

Everything is burned up. Trees dead. Cactus dying. Fires every day.

I'm feeding one momma and two steers. Sure glad I don't have 85 mommas in the pastures this year.

State Police helicopter has been circling the neighborhood since night after dawn, low altitude, with speaker blaring. "Norma XXXX this is State police. We are looking for you. Come out into the street where we can find you".

The neighborhood is crawling with local and county PoPo.

Old lady with dementia a block over wandered off during the night and no one knows where she is..

I don't know her, but she ain't in my yard or house or pool but I do hope they find her soon before the 100°F+ day gets smokin up good. 104° is the projected high later.

(Even before their speaker started blaring, it's the Noisiest helicopter I've ever seen/heard. Chinooks and 53s don't make that much noise. They couldn't sneak up on a criminal if they had too.)

State Police helicopter has been circling the neighborhood since night after dawn, low altitude, with speaker blaring. "Norma XXXX this is State police. We are looking for you. Come out into the street where we can find you".

The neighborhood is crawling with local and county PoPo.

Old lady with dementia a block over wandered off during the night and no one knows where she is..

I don't know her, but she ain't in my yard or house or pool but I do hope they find her soon before the 100°F+ day gets smokin up good. 104° is the projected high later.

(Even before their speaker started blaring, it's the Noisiest helicopter I've ever seen/heard. Chinooks and 53s don't make that much noise. They couldn't sneak up on a criminal if they had too.)

I know I've told this story on here before but my dad, son, and I were eating at the DQ in town. An older man in his late 70s or 80s was walking around table to table talking to people. It struck me as odd because he was in his tan slacks and an undershirt, not some thing a person like that would go out in. I was ease dropping and he walked up to two different tables saying he was on his way to his sons ranch. He would talk with them but the conversation never went any where, he never left, every one was nice but awkward. My grandmother had dementia and I was getting the same feeling from this guy. Lots of details but lots of missing pieces also.

I kept watching and finally he came by us. We started talking to him and got the same story. I started asking him where he was from, who his son is, where the ranch is, who else is going, what time were they expecting him. He said he didn't know what time they would be there and some odd things. I asked if he had a phone and would like to call his son? He didn't have a phone.

My dad went on with my son and I stayed there. I ended up getting on Google and searching his sons name and Corpus Christi along with the piece of the phone number he could remember.

Luckily his son was a realtor so it popped up. I didn't know but I just cold called. He answered. I asked if this was so and so and if he had a dad named so and so. They guy said yes I do, surprised. I told, well we are in DQ here in town. His son was at a football game in like Houston.

The guy had got in his car out of corpus with no phone, no wallet, no shirt and drove north (luckily not south) heading to the ranch, no one was at.

The son sent a nephew to come get him. I went to the counter and ordered ice cream for both of us. The people asked if I knew the guy so I told them what was going on. They gave us the ice cream free. LoL The nephew showed up and he had parked his car at the gas station down the road, then walked to the DQ.

It was a mess. It was very scary to think about that happening to people. He supposedly had a care taker that was suppose to stay with him. They never showed up and the family didn't know.

Last edited:
I know I've told this story on here before but my dad, son, and I were eating at the DQ in town. An older man in his late 70s or 80s was walking around table to table talking to people. It struck me as odd because he was in his tan slacks and an undershirt, not some thing a person like that would go out in. I was ease dropping and he walked up to two different tables saying he was on his way to his sons ranch. He would talk with them but the conversation never went any where, he never left, every one was nice but awkward. My grandmother had dementia and I was getting the same feeling from this guy. Lots of details but lots of missing pieces also.

I kept watching and finally he came by us. We started talking to him and got the same story. I started asking him where he was from, who his son is, where the ranch is, who else is going, what time were they expecting him. He said he didn't know what time they would be there and some odd things. I asked if he had a phone and would like to call his son? He didn't have a phone.

My dad went on with my son and I stayed there. I ended up getting on Google and searching his sons name and Corpus Christi along with the piece of the phone number he could remember.

Luckily his son was a realtor so it popped up. I didn't know but I just cold called. He answered. I asked if this was so and so and if he had a dad named so and so. They guy said yes I do, surprised. I told, well we are in DQ here in town. His son was at a football game in like Houston.

The guy had got in his car out of corpus with no phone, no wallet, no shirt and drove north (luckily not south) heading to the ranch, no one was at.

The son sent a nephew to come get him. I went to the counter and ordered ice cream for both of us. The people asked if I knew the guy so I told them what was going on. They gave us the ice cream free. LoL The nephew showed up and he had parked his car at the gas station down the road, then walked to the DQ.

It was a mess. It was very scary to think about that happening to people. He supposedly had a care taker that was suppose to stay with him. They never showed up and the family didn't know.
Great story, @Brute 23. Thank you for caring AND acting!

Latest posts