Mental Illness

Help Support CattleToday:

M5farm":1r72kxvj said:
First of all I am not looking for anything except a large prayer group to pray for my wife.

My world has been torn apart the last few days. My wife who has been on anti depressants for years lost all control Thursday. She is safe at the moment and is in treatment. please say a prayer for her and I ask each you to not judge a person for what you see on the outside because you never know what is going on in the mind. be kind and understanding. The emotions that a person has to deal with from blame to embarrassment is overwhelming. I have come to terms with this and know that she can be healed. Like the good book says ( where one or two are gathered in like mind ask and ye shall receive) I am paraphrasing how I interpreted the scripture.
just pray please.

Just found this thread M5. I definately will remember her in my prayers. I lived most of my life with a MOther who suffered from a form of mental illness. Believe me when I say I know what you are going through. Sadly my mom wasn' diagnosed until it was much too late to really help her. Sounds like there is at least some hope for your wife.

Buena Suerte Amigo!

M5,
Like 3waycross I just saw this, thoughts and prayers are with you. It goes to show we really don't know what goes on in another person's mind. Things affect everyone differently. Wish I knew the answers, meds can help and hurt, sometimes I think they are only a short term solution but they affect everyone differently. Speaking from personal experience there, stress does weird things to a person. Wishing you the best.

M5, I just found your post and I will be praying for both of you. It will be very important to be supportive of her and most of all, keep a close eye on her. Do not let your family doctor assume care of her as he / she probably isn't qualified. Find a good psychiatrist that both of you are comfortable with to prescribe the necessary medication. She is probably suffering from a chemical imbalance and it can be corrected with the right medication.

Be careful with whom she is seeing for counseling and if you have a Celebrate Recovery ministry in you area, encourage her to look into it. If you would like to visit with me, PM me and I will call you. There is light at the end of the tunnel even through the dark days and keep encouraging her.

Latest posts