Ruger American rifle in 243

Help Support CattleToday:

jd720

Reaction score
I`m starting to look a rifles for getting rid of some coyotes. I came across the Ruger American in 243 just wondering if any of you has one and how you like it. I really don`t want to break the bank for a rifle that won`t get much use and will spend a good amount of time behind the truck seat so the synthetic stock will be preferred.

jd720":142lproq said:
I`m starting to look a rifles for getting rid of some coyotes. I came across the Ruger American in 243 just wondering if any of you has one and how you like it. I really don`t want to break the bank for a rifle that won`t get much use and will spend a good amount of time behind the truck seat so the synthetic stock will be preferred.
Got a couple Americans one in 223 the other 7-08 good guns nothing heirloom about them

Plain Jane, they shoot well, and cheap.

The Mossberg Patriot is another to consider. Made in USA and has a great adjustable trigger. I have one in 270 laminate/stainless, beautiful rifle.

It's probably not a Bad gun for the price but I would get the Remington 700 sps tactical in .223 for $100 more. It's a better bang for the buck IMO.

I do not like that plastic stock on the Ruger. You will like the Hogue stock on the Remington in the truck.

Got a 308 and 30-06 like them both slot, great guns you have to worry about scratching.