Toughest atheletes...toughest men period.... in the world

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not saying they aren't tough... they are... they have more balls than 95% of the population... but they are also just a bit crazy.... gotta be... and the rodeo bull fighters/clowns are even tougher... because like the one in that video that was able to jump up and hang on enough to get that cowboy's hand out of the rigging after he got knocked out had more cojones than most.....
I'm with @Quachita all the way with going to watch them... but I too think about when someone needs to care for someone after the fact...
God Bless everyone of the participants and the ones that pull their bacon out of the fire.
The most dangerous part of rodeo...your greatest chance of being hurt or killed..is driving to and from the event. I have seen a tennis player slip and fall, and ended up paralized from the neck down. It has happened to bowlers, bicyclist, jogger's, and golfers. I was watching a PBR event on TV once, and the commentator was saying that this is the world's most dangerous sport, and that bull riders were the toughest athletes in the world...they feel no pain. And thy are the bravest in the world, they have no fear". He was wrong. They are the toughest in the word because they DOO feel pain, but ignore it and push through despite pain and injury. And they ARE the bravest, because they DO feel fear. There can be no courage where there is no fear. Nothing brave about doing something you aren't afraid of.

Last year I saw a rider get knocked out by the horns when the bull was slinging his head. He was unconscious when he hit the ground. This was a bad bull he had drawn, Came after the rider soon as he hit the ground. Paid no attention to the bull fighters trying to distract him...just focused on finishing off this rider, One of the fighters threw himself on the rider's body to shield him from the attack. Took a horn to the side of his gut, and had several ribs broken when the bull kept grinding his head into the man's back, but never got off the man til the stock contractor got a rope on the bull and drug him off.

Bull fighters are NOT clowns, and take offense at being called that. Now, there will be a clown at a rodeo, doing tricks between events and bantering with the announcer. But if he is the arena during the bull riding, he is the man in the barrel.

Woah., Hoss. You HAD been acting decent for a while,. but I guess it is your time of the month again or something. No one on here gives a red rat's rectum what you are "calling BS" on. Most especially me. For anyone to insult me, I'd first have to respect their opinion. Why don't you message Mod3 and ask her? I saw the message she..or he...sent Clay tek lling him shje took down his post.
If it's anyone's "time of the month" it's pretty obvious who's it is. And all things considered I'll give a red rat's a** when anyone (@Brute 23 ) on these boards calls you on your trying to beat people into submission as you try to get them to think as you do about everything and anything. Now let's see you NOT be insulted...

If it's anyone's "time of the month" it's pretty obvious who's it is. And all things considered I'll give a red rat's a** when anyone (@Brute 23 ) on these boards calls you on your trying to beat people into submission as you try to get them to think as you do about everything and anything. Now let's see you NOT be insulted...
ROFLMAO! You had been behaving better lately too, and now have reverted back. Y'all's cycles must be synched! @farmerjan , do you feel like I was "trying to beat you into submission" when I told you about Clay's post being deleted because he wrote Ess-Oh-Bee on a comment? Oh yeah, and Skippy? The other thing he wrote is the same thing you did above, only he used $$ after the "A" instead of **. His third violation was he was saying something was "funny as Hades" only he replaced the "E: in the 4-letter word with an *. She or he told him they deleted the post because he violated the rules about no cuss words. The law is NOT applied equally across these forums for sure. Another mod told me that most likely someone reported his comment. Was it you?!!!

ROFLMAO! You had been behaving better lately too, and now have reverted back. Y'all's cycles must be synched! @farmerjan , do you feel like I was "trying to beat you into submission" when I told you about Clay's post being deleted because he wrote Ess-Oh-Bee on a comment? Oh yeah, and Skippy? The other thing he wrote is the same thing you did above, only he used $$ after the "A" instead of **. His third violation was he was saying something was "funny as Hades" only he replaced the "E: in the 4-letter word with an *. She or he told him they deleted the post because he violated the rules about no cuss words. The law is NOT applied equally across these forums for sure. Another mod told me that most likely someone reported his comment. Was it you?!!!
See, now here is the actual story.

What was the context of the post with all this in it?

I call BS on that too while I'm at it. I've been on this board a long time and I've seen his posts. There is more to that story. It wouldn't matter to me much but I hate seeing good people manipulated with bad info.
Sorry to disappoint you, Scooter, but it is 100% fact. Wanna insinuate that I am a liar too, while hiding behind your computer screen for safety?!! And how is his warning this lady about what happened to me, manipulating any good people?!!! Here's a new pic for your avatar that suits you perefctly :) 1694716733023.png

Sorry to disappoint you, Scooter, but it is 100% fact. Wanna insinuate that I am a liar too, while hiding behind your computer screen for safety?!! And how is his warning this lady about what happened to me, manipulating any good people?!!! Here's a new pic for your avatar that suits you perefctly :) View attachment 34965

Post the message Warren Allison said you got, that he saw, sent to you by a Mod, saying your post was deleted for typing SOB and let's put this to rest.

If I am wrong... I will say I am wrong.

The proof is in the pudding.

Just for the record... I was not inferring that bull fighters were clowns... both are usually in the ring and I have seen some very athletic clowns divert bulls and save some of these downed/thrown/hurt riders from being pummeled... I was INCLUDING them in my respect for the jobs they do in the ring.... I specifically stated my respect for the BULL FIGHTER that jumped up on the one bull's side and managed to get the guys hand out of his rigging on the bull because he was unconscious and being slung around like a rag doll....

No I did not feel imtimidated or manipulated by @Warren Allison 's comment about what happened to @Sthrncwboy ... I would have been banned for what I actually typed about the unequally metered out banning and such over some letters that were posted and the "swear words" not actually spelled out, that has been done in the past... so I went back and immediately edited it so I would not have to deal with the crap from a mod...

@Warren Allison & @Sthrncwboy

Yall have the proof to shut me up. Post it and let's put the deal to rest. I'm ready to be done... right or wrong.
I don't have to prove a thing to you...I already know you're wrong.

@Warren Allison , you can if you want to. I just will not be questioned by the likes of him. I answer to no one or for no one. You taught me that. Maybe Scooter can get his buddy Mod3 to send it to him. If you want to and don't still have it, I will resend it to you. Just let me know. I am going back to lurking as a guest, I keep my blood pressure lower that way. Someone mentions my name in a comment I get an email notification, and if is something I want to respond to, I can log on and answer the question, then log back out.

See, now here is the actual story.

What was the context of the post with all this in it?
Under Everything Else board on Warren's thread about This Will Be The Worst Opening Day Ever. Read his post about the dove shoot. 2nd paragraph. He tells about two dudes and their 2 sons, being caught trying to carry alcohol to the field, One of the dudes gets in his buddy Scott's face and yells F you at him, when Scott tells him the sons can stay but he is throwing the 2 dudes out. He got open handed slapped in the mouth to the ground. Well, Warren is the one that put him down. Slapped him so hard Warren cracked some bones in his hand. He felt bad about it and is probably why he didn't tell who did it. Well, I replied something like : I got to say that was funny as ( 4 letter word for Hades with an * instead of an E in it), watching that S Oh Be ( used the 3 letters everyone else uses) on his hands and knees, gasping and spitting blood, and you hopping around holding your hand , trying not to cuss. Then when you walked over to him and kicked him in his ( 3 letter word, starts with A for buttocks, and used $$ instead of SS ) knocking him down on his face, standing over him yelling "You need to learn some manners and respect, boy. I have women and children here and won't tolerate that kind of language around them", I really lost it...
So, that was the three CURSE words I got a spanking for using! LOL

Under Everything Else board on Warren's thread about This Will Be The Worst Opening Day Ever. Read his post about the dove shoot. 2nd paragraph. He tells about two dudes and their 2 sons, being caught trying to carry alcohol to the field, One of the dudes gets in his buddy Scott's face and yells F you at him, when Scott tells him the sons can stay but he is throwing the 2 dudes out. He got open handed slapped in the mouth to the ground. Well, Warren is the one that put him down. Slapped him so hard Warren cracked some bones in his hand. He felt bad about it and is probably why he didn't tell who did it. Well, I replied something like : I got to say that was funny as ( 4 letter word for Hades with an * instead of an E in it), watching that S Oh Be ( used the 3 letters everyone else uses) on his hands and knees, gasping and spitting blood, and you hopping around holding your hand , trying not to cuss. Then when you walked over to him and kicked him in his ( 3 letter word, starts with A for buttocks, and used $$ instead of SS ) knocking him down on his face, standing over him yelling "You need to learn some manners and respect, boy. I have women and children here and won't tolerate that kind of language around them", I really lost it...
So, that was the three CURSE words I got a spanking for using! LOL
That makes a lot more sense then having a post deleted for typing SOB in it like what was initially said.

I guess I don't see what the big deal is. Did they just delete it with no explanation or were they rude about it or what?

Rodeo is the only sport I can think of were the competitors pay to get there, pay an entry fee to compete, and don't get paid if they don't perform. They have to be tough or they're out of a job pretty quick. I know they've got sponsors but sponsors only pay winners so you still have to perform at a top level if your injured.

I've got a 19 yo friend that team ropes professionally. He's a #8 header and a #9 heeler. A few years back he got tangled up at a big roping and nearly cut his thumb off. His dad called me from the hospital and said he was out in the first round. The next day I got a call that he'd won 1st and a pile of $$$. When I ask how he roped with that thumb they said he prayed on it that night and decided to tough it out. He's never said a word about his thumb to me. In the pic I saw the rope had burned the hide off down to the bone all the way around. Pretty sure it would've been less painful it it had just popped off.

His third violation was he was saying something was "funny as Hades" only he replaced the "E: in the 4-letter word with an *.
Wait.........
Are you saying that someone believes the word hades, a term long present in ancient (at least as far back as 450bc; Plato and Socrates) and modern literary classics as well as state approved textbooks and elementary school library books, is a cuss word????

For the uninformed, Hades is not a place (real or fiction) and never was. It's the fictional name of the Greek god that ruled the underworld, and a son of Chronos and Rhea.

If one can't use the word Hades, then certainly none can (shouldn't) use the term feces, which many of us have used here at CT for years and years.

Has CT really become this 'woke'?:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.