Toughest atheletes...toughest men period.... in the world

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I used to think so too. After watching a good friend lose half of his large colon I decided I didn't want my wife or mother to have to spoon feed me for the rest of my life.

I know it is DRAMATIC to watch... but working with cattle all the time makes me cringe now to watch these guys get on the back of these bulls... cowboys "having to top off a horse", and "take the buck out of a horse", was sorta "part of the job" .... but NO ONE had to "top off a bull", on the bull's back.... to go about his daily cowboy work...
There were enough freak things that happened without joy riding on a bull's back....

I would much rather admire the skill in roping, heading and heeling, even bull dogging.....

But, TO EACH HIS OWN.....

Just as I don't like cock fighting... but the breeds bred for that are a part of our heritage and now they are trying to stop us from even breeding those breeds and showing them.....
I'd rather a cock fight than for the sick "degenerates", (edited) that think that some of this human sex crap is acceptable with children.... animals get more protection than do our own children....that is disgraceful.

Last edited:
I know it is DRAMATIC to watch... but working with cattle all the time makes me cringe now to watch these guys get on the back of these bulls... cowboys "having to top off a horse", and "take the buck out of a horse", was sorta "part of the job" .... but NO ONE had to "top off a bull", on the bull's back.... to go about his daily cowboy work...
There were enough freak things that happened without joy riding on a bull's back....

I would much rather admire the skill in roping, heading and heeling, even bull dogging.....

But, TO EACH HIS OWN.....

Just as I don't like cock fighting... but the breeds bred for that are a part of our heritage and now they are trying to stop us from even breeding those breeds and showing them.....
I'd rather a cock fight than for the sick s.o.b.'s that think that some of this human sex crap is acceptable with children.... animals get more protection than do our own children....that is disgraceful.
Watch it. @Sthrncwboy had a whole post deleted and got a warning for using sob in a post. That Mod3 got him.

Yeah I used to think so too. After watching a good friend lose half of his large colon I decided I didn't want my wife or mother to have to spoon feed me for the rest of my life.
So now you don't think they are tough?!!! That is exactly why they ARE the toughest. In the past few months I have been asked..at different times and in different places " Who;s tougher, a biker or a bull rider? A bull rider or a NFL player? A bull rider or an MMA fighter?" I find it hilarious. I say. I dunno, what is the most dangerous killer, a grizzly or a wolf? A pack of wolves, or a bike club maybe, but a lone wolf? Man, please. Football players or MMA fighters? Yeah, you mighty get hit by a 350 lb lineman or a MMA fighter your weight, but that ain't nothing compared to getting hit by a 2500lb bull. I have seen bull riders ride the net night with a broke arm, broke leg, loy ts of them with broke ribs, and once even saw someone ride with a broke neck. Just wrap it, cast it, tape it splint it and get back on. Anybody can ride a motorcycle or run with a football or fight someone their size. You could go to every bike club there is, every NFL team there is, and every dojo there is and try to get someone to ride a bull. You couldn't find enough to fill the seats in a minivan. An the toughest of them all, are the bull fighters that put their life on the line...that put their bodies between the bull and the fallen rider. Just ask any bull rider their opinion on the bull fighters.

Hey there Warren,
I still love a good rodeo. I'm all for people being allowed to do whatever they want to, so long as they aren't hurting others. I guess I've become a softie in my years, because now I include the folks around me in my decision making; those that'll have to pick up the pieces when I'm gone, or wipe my ass until I am.

Tough? Absolutely! I can have a degree of admiration for their spirit and persistence, and still have empathy and compassion for their next of kin.

I guess I took the long way around instead of saying the juice ain't worth the squeeze, for me, when I have so many others to care for.

The person that coined the phrase "If you're going to be stupid, you gotta be tough", was rodeo a clown.

I still attend every one I can, but I do not try to convince myself that they are doing anything worthwhile for anyone except themselves.

Having said that, I would be sad if rodeos went the way of cock fights (I liked watching those too), but I don't pretend that either activity contributes anything to anyone except the people directly involved, yet has the potential to compel another person to care for my lame ass.

I go to rodeo nowadays out of morbid curiosity, and I'll admit that I am entertained. I guess since I pay, I'm part of the problem.

The person that coined the phrase "If you're going to be stupid, you gotta be tough", was rodeo a clown.

I still attend every one I can, but I do not try to convince myself that they are doing anything worthwhile for anyone except themselves.

Having said that, I would be sad if rodeos went the way of cock fights (I liked watching those too), but I don't pretend that either activity contributes anything to anyone except the people directly involved, yet has the potential to compel another person to care for my lame ass.

I go to rodeo nowadays out of morbid curiosity, and I'll admit that I am entertained. I guess since I pay, I'm part of the problem.
Well, to me, it is more worthwhile than football, basketball, or basketball. Only role models I see in professional team sports are the team owners. Too many parents want their kids to have that one in a billion chance at being a high dollar pitcher or QB making a few million a year, MY HEROES are the owners who can PAY all these people millions of dollars a year, making a KILLING off of them!

Last edited:
T O T A L L Y AGREE!!! These cowboys are TOUGH.
One of the biggest reason I volunteer at our local rodeo is that I get a front row seat, like twenty feet from the bulls and broncs inside the arena.
The try and grit these rough stock riders have is almost super natural.
Last year one of our bullfighters got in a bad spot. He tripped and a bull threw him into the front of the bucking chute. Our arena is probably over 100yds long. People on the other end could hear the bullfighter's head get bounced off the chute. I thought the bull killed him.
He got up, couldn't put his hat back on because of the palm sized knot on the back of his head. Told me the next day that the rest of the night he had double vision, but he kept fighting bulls.

Well, to me, it is more worthwhile than football, basketball, or basketball. Only role models I see in professional team sports are the team owners. Too many poarents wantytheir kids to have that one in a billion chance at being a high dollar pitcher or QB making a few million a year, MY HEROES are the owners who can PAY all these people millions of dloarrs a year, making a KILLING off of them!
Does that make sense? I mean, weighing the odds and money?

I understand the sentiment, but I play poker...

I am not saying they aren't tough... they are... they have more balls than 95% of the population... but they are also just a bit crazy.... gotta be... and the rodeo bull fighters/clowns are even tougher... because like the one in that video that was able to jump up and hang on enough to get that cowboy's hand out of the rigging after he got knocked out had more cojones than most.....
I'm with @Quachita all the way with going to watch them... but I too think about when someone needs to care for someone after the fact...
God Bless everyone of the participants and the ones that pull their bacon out of the fire.

So now you don't think they are tough?!!! That is exactly why they ARE the toughest. In the past few months I have been asked..at different times and in different places " Who's tougher, a biker or a bull rider? A bull rider or a NFL player? A bull rider or an MMA fighter?" I find it hilarious. I say. I dunno, what is the most dangerous killer, a grizzly or a wolf? A pack of wolves, or a bike club maybe, but a lone wolf or a lone biker? Man, please. Football players or MMA fighters? Yeah, you mighty get hit by a 350 lb lineman or a MMA fighter your weight, but that ain't nothing compared to getting hit by a 2500lb bull. I have seen bull riders ride the net night with a broke arm, broke leg, lots of them with broke ribs, and once even saw someone ride with a broke neck. Just wrap it, cast it, tape it splint it and get back on. Anybody can ride a motorcycle or run with a football or fight someone their size. You could go to every bike club there is, every NFL team there is, and every dojo there is and try to get someone to ride a bull. You couldn;t find enough to fill the seats of a minivan.

I read today that JB Muaney had to officially retire from rodeo today due to a recent neck injury. IMO he was the toughest cowboy around, only one that compares would be Ty Murray. I watched a video last year of JB talking about how much has changed with the newer American riders in the PBR, I hope he was just upset with them because it didn't sound good.

Watch it. @Sthrncwboy had a whole post deleted and got a warning for using sob in a post. That Mod3 got him.
I call BS on that too while I'm at it. I've been on this board a long time and I've seen his posts. There is more to that story. It wouldn't matter to me much but I hate seeing good people manipulated with bad info.

I call BS on that too while I'm at it. I've been on this board a long time and I've seen his posts. There is more to that story. It wouldn't matter to me much but I hate seeing good people manipulated with bad info.
Woah., Hoss. You HAD been acting decent for a while,. but I guess it is your time of the month again or something. No one on here gives a red rat's rectum what you are "calling BS" on. Most especially me. For anyone to insult me, I'd first have to respect their opinion. Why don't you message Mod3 and ask her? I saw the message she..or he...sent Clay tek lling him shje took down his post.

Woah., Hoss. You HAD been acting decent for a while,. but I guess it is your time of the month again or something. No one on here gives a red rat's rectum what you are "calling BS" on. Most especially me. For anyone to insult me, I'd first have to respect their opinion. Why don't you message Mod3 and ask her? I saw the message she..or he...sent Clay tek lling him shje took down his post.
You saw a message that said his post was removed for typing SOB in a post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts