Round Bale Trailer

Help Support CattleToday:

jedstivers":g6gqix9o said:
I have a gooseneck one that's hauls 8 bales. Also have a 53' lowboy, a 20 flatbed gooseneck and a old implement trailer I converted to just haul hay. Use them all at times and just one at times. They all have a place.
I really like the inline though, real fast.
Only thing if you are feeding with a bale bed on a truck you need a bumper pull so you can haul two on the truck and a trailer load but the bumper pull might not haul but 6, if so you won't gain anything. Then just use a 8 bale gooseneck and none on the truck.
Also if feeding and they aren't being all dumped in one place you need one that dumps individual.

Just what I needed, something else to consider. Thanks Jed. :lol2: Seriously, all are good things to think about before buying one.

There's one brand, it was discussed on new Agtalk the other day, that has its on hyd system, brakes and remote control to dump. I'd rather have it then the one I have now.
One thing about them is they are real fast on moving. It's unreal hoe quick they are.

One thing I have always had a concern about the inline bale haulers is loading them. You push each bale up as you load from the back, slipping the clutch on your tractor the whole time. Is this a concern? Or am I just over thinking it?

UncleD":2g9xmc1s said:
One thing I have always had a concern about the inline bale haulers is loading them. You push each bale up as you load from the back, slipping the clutch on your tractor the whole time. Is this a concern? Or am I just over thinking it?
Your bad over thinking it.
Gear down.

cattle60":3cmq7f9e said:
One other tip is for people in freezing weather, Don't load and leave on over night or a few hours as the bales will freeze to the rails. Try to dump and you will dump the whole trailer on its side. Happened to a friend of mine.

I had a guy deliver me some this winter. The netwrap froze to the trailer on transit, so when he dumped them it unwrapped them. Made a nice little mess.

I don't own one but I've borrowed one from a neighbor several times. I bale several waterways that I don't want to pull a truck and trailer in. If the trailer has been used recently and slicked up I can usually drop it from the 3 point and load it, but if it's not slicked up it has to be hooked up to load. Ive only got one loader tractor to only needing one on one end is huge for me.

T&B trailers just down the road makes the ez haul hay trailers. See them stacked up and rolling out weekly.

Latest posts