Rough waters ahead...

Help Support CattleToday:

I can only echo what others have said & I have been thru it myself with both parents and a sister. May God bless and hold you and yours in his arms while you go thru this hard time FSR.

Having lost both my parents last year Kris I learned something. Closure is a wonderful thing. Sounds like you got a real solid dose of it.

Not saying there is no pain ahead but getting the time you did with him will make a big difference when he is gone. I never had that with my grandmother(who raised me a lot) and I still have a big gaping hole in my heart where she lived, over 3o years later.

I wish you the best with what is to come

Prayers for you and your family FSR...

Lost my mother to ovarian cancer almost 13 years ago. It took about 2 years for the cancer to take her. It was tough.
I am so sorry for the pain you are going through, the worst part is watching and KNOWING they are leaving this earth.

Hugs!!

So sorry for what you and your family are going thru. You did a great job of describing what a neat guy your dad is. You will always be glad you took this time to spend with him, as bittersweet as it was you will find comfort in it, in the future. Prayers.

I lost mine 7 years ago, when he was 77, and also to congestive heart failure, although it was a bladder infection that finally did him in. As I told my children at the time, instead of focusing on how sad you'll be to lose him, think about how fortunate (and blessed) you were to have had him for as long as you did.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

I know exactly what you are going through because I went through the same thing with my father and leaving him knowing it would be the last time I ever spoke to him was the hardest thing I have ever gone through!

Rough waters ahead for sure, I wish you courage and confidence to cope. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Kris.

I lost my Dad back in 1971 and there is not a day that I do not think of his teachings and love. I have precious memories and so will you. May God's peace be with you and family, prayers for you.

I lost my father 40 years ago, when he was 48 and I was 21. Rarely does a day go by that I don't think of him and the many good things he taught me. It will be hard at first, and it will never be fixed but keep in mind all of the good things and it becomes bearable.

Sorry to hear of this news FSR, Despite the grim outlook, I do hope he gets through this, but if his time is up, that he goes peacefully.

First, thank you all for your thoughtful kind words. I was having a really rough day handling it and wanted to put my feelings into words.

My dad has good days and bad days. He is still dependent on his oxygen, but about half the time he can get up on his own (with help from Mom or the nurse there to help put on his therapy shoes, he can not walk with out them). He actually got up and read his mail on the computer today! He will never be what he was, but each day we have him is a blessing, and my mom is enjoying each and every day she is blessed with him. Each morning we chat, and her first words are "he is still breathing so all is good".
I am blessed to have such a role model in my life. I will always remember that. For now, survival for me means not dwelling on the sadness of the situation, but remembering the good times and the knowledge he can still impart to me (he is an amazing cook, so I call him often for suggestions on new food stuff to try making).
Again, thank you. One day at a time, and comfort in my Savior's arms, helps me get by.

Thanks for the reminder of what is really important in life - family. Your journey will be difficult but you know to put your trust in the Lord. It is how I make it when I lose someone close to me. At the age of 54 more and more people close to me are beginning to pass away. My prayers are with you and your family.

You are on the right road, one day at a time and trusting in The Lord to give you strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow. He will get you through the hard times. Continuing to lift you up in my prayers.

I missed reading this. You are in my prayers.

I have a moment of panic every time the phone rings after 10 PM. My parents are at the same point as yours. Just a matter of time.

You and I have both been blessed.

You will be in my prayers. Sorry you are going through this but having a trust in The Lord will help bring you through.

FSR... Prayers to you and your family! Having unexpectedly lost my father at a very early age, all I can tell you is to cherish the time that you have remaining. I would give just about anything for 5 more minutes with my dad just to tell him that I loved him and that I appreciated all that he has done. I don't have that chance anymore... but you do!

And to anyone else reading this post, take the time to tell your family that you love them... for tomorrow is not promised to anyone of us.

Brian

Latest posts