Fixing to get rough on my hill

Help Support CattleToday:

DCA farm said:
Moving everything to the receiving pasture in preparation of Laura if she stays on the path they are saying it's gonna rip my place a new be nice

Send me your address and phone number and if I head that way I will try to check on you.
Send it to me at 276-275-1089.
Or 276-608-6541

kenny thomas said:
CB, hope your ready. Looks like it is coming in your front door. I suspect that I might head that way in a couple days.

House is boarded up, all equipment is moved to open pastures.
We're supposed to be on the clean side of a hurricane. That's like picking the turd up from the clean end.
This is almost Rita part two. Rita ripped us, difference was Rita was the most intense hurricane ever recorded in the gulf. Rita marched right up Hwy 69 Laura is on track to march right up Hwy 92 about 30 miles east on the way to Shreveport. We were without power 21 days in Rita a lot of people a lot longer.
I lost a cousin to Rita as well.

kenny thomas said:
DCA farm said:
Moving everything to the receiving pasture in preparation of Laura if she stays on the path they are saying it's gonna rip my place a new be nice

Send me your address and phone number and if I head that way I will try to check on you.
Send it to me at 276-275-1089.
Or 276-608-6541

I got the animals in the receiving pasture loaded the kids guns and paperwork up took them to my grandparents that's where we will stay till this mess passed I'll run to my place tomorrow morning make another round make sure I didn't miss nothing then go back after storm. My place sets in top of a hill only place that ever floods is my very front pasture along the road of it rains a lot just happened to be where I had cows so I moved them. There is nothing on my place that isn't insured or can't be easily replaced. Just glad I only have 1 calf on the ground right now and she's a tough little ole girl

Caustic Burno said:
kenny thomas said:
CB, hope your ready. Looks like it is coming in your front door. I suspect that I might head that way in a couple days.

House is boarded up, all equipment is moved to open pastures.
We're supposed to be on the clean side of a hurricane. That's like picking the turd up from the clean end.
This is almost Rita part two. Rita ripped us, difference was Rita was the most intense hurricane ever recorded in the gulf. Rita marched right up Hwy 69 Laura is on track to march right up Hwy 92 about 30 miles east on the way to Shreveport. We were without power 21 days in Rita a lot of people a lot longer.
I lost a cousin to Rita as well.

Are you gettin gout of there CB? Err on the side of caution!!

I'm more worried about my little sister she works for Acadian as a EMT and is stationed in lake Charles Louisiana they told her to prepare for 48 hours Minimum on shift starting in the morning

kenny thomas said:
CB, I gotta ask how many hurricanes have you used the same tin to cover the windows. It looks well used

A bunch and it's all numbered and labeled as well. After the storm it will all be stored behind the shop until next time. The tin actually came off some ARCO compressor sheds built in the late 40's early 50's they were tearing down.

From looking at the tracking come Saturday we want get the storm surge like a lot here, but we may get dumped on pretty bad with heavy rain.

This morning they have the track sliding east of the Sabine at landfall.
It just got much better here for straight line wind. It's the dang tornadoes they spawn that's so unpredictable.

Not good.............................

Hurricane Laura intensifies, expected to be 'catastrophic' Category 4 as it zeroes in on Texas, Louisiana

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/weather/updates-hurricane-laura-intensifies-expected-to-be-catastrophic-category-4-as-it-zeroes-in-on-texas-louisiana/ar-BB18ofpA