Fixing to get rough on my hill

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Caustic Burno said:
Doubt he will even get a rain event.
Wrong direction those poor people of Cameron and Lake Charles are going to be wiped out.

Is JWBrahman over that way?

Yep, highest elevation in Cameron Parish is 20'. Most of the parish is barely above sea level.
I think JW is in the New Roads area which is North of I10 and Just west of the Miss River. That is a long way from the coast.
He will be alright.

Ryder said:
Caustic Burno said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Is JWBrahman over that way?

Yep, highest elevation in Cameron Parish is 20'. Most of the parish is barely above sea level.
I think JW is in the New Roads area which is North of I10 and Just west of the Miss River. That is a long way from the coast.
He will be alright.

That's good, we dodged a bullet Laura pulled more easterly upon landfall. It will be totally devastating from Jasper Texas east way cross Louisiana.
Leesville is currently getting hammered.

Barometric pressure is rising here now.

kenny thomas said:
CB, looks like Newton Co got hammered from bottom to top.

Hwy 96 east to the Mississippi I would imagine is going to look nasty.
The eye is currently 72 miles east of my house it is amazing what a difference 20 miles makes in the west side inland.

Well fellas I survived my 3 young children survived. The cows hogs goats and chickens survived my home however did not I'm completely expecting insurance adjuster to claim It a Total loss Roof ripped off water damage inside ceilings and walls buckled. Also lost 1/4 of the roof on my barn trees down on every perimeter fence. Only animals not contained is the goats and they are going to a new home just as soon as I can catch them

I am glad to hear you and family are all ok. I have to take my hat off to you at how well of an attitude you have after having all the property damage you have sustained.

We had a tornado hit our property several years ago now. We were lucky to not have had more damage than we did. But it was still drpressing and took months of hard work to clean up all of the down tree's and repair to the house.

Main thing my wife and daughter came through it unharmed. The material things can be replaced. But it is still heart wrenching when something like that happens. When you are a farmer its not like you don't have enough to contend with and take care of without having alot of property damage to repair and deal with too.

Glad you and family all made it through it though.

DCA farm said:
Well fellas I survived my 3 young children survived. The cows hogs goats and chickens survived my home however did not I'm completely expecting insurance adjuster to claim It a Total loss Roof ripped off water damage inside ceilings and walls buckled. Also lost 1/4 of the roof on my barn trees down on every perimeter fence. Only animals not contained is the goats and they are going to a new home just as soon as I can catch them
Got that T-shirt in Rita!!!
Tree went through mom and dads house behind mine. Wasn't a fence on the place standing. I fenced off a lot pretty quick and contained the cows and started feeding hay. Culled hard and fast as it took me six weeks to put all the fences back together while dealing with all the other hurricane related issues.
Everything will be okay just remember most hurricane fatalities happen in the clean up!
Going to have to get like water on a ducks back as I have done this twice .
It's s long slow process dealing with the insurance along with trying to put everything back together supporting your family at the same time. Get some Valium , stay safe.

DCA farm said:

Bad to have to deal with any of this.....all the best.

Miles of electrical repair crews heading east! It's an endless procession as far you can see. Using our fair grounds as a lay down yard for poles. It's stack after stack of poles.

3 fuel trucks from here are in Lake Charles.
Can't imagine what you are going through even though I have worked the aftermath of several hurricanes heading

Latest posts