Rough field

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo":1i39ygkd said:
The only person on this forum that I have blocked is that TexasBred guy. Man oh man the way he drones on and on about cattle nutrition and proper dietary care for livestock.

Oh and his love affair with those obnoxious Aggies and that twerp of a QB Johnny what's his name. Oy vey!

I sure hope he's got me blocked too, I wouldn't want to hurt his feelings.

Yes I know what you mean. I am sure tired of reading his posts. He's always boring us with those pesky useful facts............and I really hate the way he is so humble about his knowledge. I am particularly irritated with his way of not being defensive and nasty when someone disagrees with him, or suggests that he might not be correct.

Now that you mention it I think I will block him too.

Wish I had this many blockers when I played football. :lol2: :lol2: About time you showed up with some "cattle posts" 3way. This whole board is going to he// with cowgirl8 leading the way.

Just to be clear. Right now I am not "defending cowgirl."
But Cottage Farm, what made you such a nasty person? Now don't say it is the "ignorant people that post on here," because many are much more knowledgeable than you are.
You are correct. I am "not a spiteful person," but you bring out the worst in a person with your meanness! I have seen it over and over again, you lay and wait like a predator and move in when people are down. I truly want "to know you" so I can understand your motive behind this behavior.

Brangus, for not defending her you are doing a convincing impression. But, that's okay, I get that, you are friends and that's a quality I have respect for.
As to your comments... "ignorant people that post on here," ... you have me confused with someone else, that is not a phrase you have ever seen from me nor will you ever. I have had disagreements with people, some based on some very strong convictions and principals that I hold, but I have never called anyone ignorant, not will I ever. If I know someone to be wrong on a fact I will call them on it. If it's an opinion I disagree with, I will express that disagreement. That there are others more knowledgeable than I, well of course there are. I rack my brain to come up with a time that I've even implied otherwise. There are some things where I have a lot of knowledge, but they are rarely discussed on this site. I rarely post about cattle, because I'll be the 1st to admit, I don't know shyte beyond what I've learned here, and had my status removed just so that there is no mistake about that. What I almost exclusively post about is in the coffee shop where it is an opinion being expressed

I have no motives. I am who I am. I have spent nearly all of my adult life in the construction industry. I lost patience for BS, insincere patronizing, and general sycophancy years ago. When an insult is flung my way I respond. I will also respond to an (in my opinion) undeserved insult flung at others. I do try, most of the time anyway, to choose my words carefully. They're not flowery, and yes they can be blunt at times, but I simply call them as I see them.

"you lay and wait like a predator and move in when people are down"...
I truly do not understand this, but it is your perception, so I will think longer on it.
I do not lay in wait. There can be several days and occasionally even weeks that go by between my visits here. If I feel someone is "down", I will refrain from commenting. If one continues to push, however, I will push back.

Now I'm going to ask you a question. Why do you feel compelled to insert yourself in the disagreements that others have with CG?
This is at least the second time you've done it with me, and you've done it with others? Is it because you consider her your friend, and won't stand by while (in your opinion) others are insulting her? If that is the case, as I suspect that it is, why is it not acceptable for others (me, for instance) to do the same? In the case of CG, she has hurled more insults in her short time here than even those who have been banned numerous times. Like the gentleman who's comment elicited a laugh from me, and prompted CG to insult me yet again.

:tiphat:

branguscowgirl":3k2lqsk8 said:
CottageFarm":3k2lqsk8 said:
That is entirely possible as I don't get out much... :lol2:
On the other hand if you didn't take yourself so seriously and didn't spend so much time applauding yourself, perhaps you too could appreciate a little humor from a man not known for displaying his very often.
But, then, you don't actually make any attempt to get to know anything about most of the other members here beyond some superficial box that you put them. I think I mentioned this earlier: I find most people have a depth that seems to escape your comprehension.
But Cottage Farm, what made you such a nasty person? Now don't say it is the "ignorant people that post on here," because many are much more knowledgeable than you are.
You are correct. I am "not a spiteful person," but you bring out the worst in a person with your meanness! I have seen it over and over again, you lay and wait like a predator and move in when people are down. I truly want "to know you" so I can understand your motive behind this behavior.

I'm with TB on this, brangus to me I think you are just seeing things a lot different then some. Cottage is just one of the many saying the same thing to cowgirl. I never had a problem with Cottage, in fact she has been very helpful to me many times in the past. Ron maybe you have her blocked because of your actions and comments in the past. With that said as I have said recently, you have toned things down and now contribute helpful and interesting post ...... Cowgirl could take a lesson from your example, but it seems the only time she quits typing about her accomplishments is to give herself another pat on the back.

I have no one blocked, friend or foe I want to see what's going on. Although I want to block TB I can't! :shock: Next to me, he's the biggest Duck fan on the boards!! :tiphat:

Alan":2n61c4xf said:
branguscowgirl":2n61c4xf said:
CottageFarm":2n61c4xf said:
That is entirely possible as I don't get out much... :lol2:
On the other hand if you didn't take yourself so seriously and didn't spend so much time applauding yourself, perhaps you too could appreciate a little humor from a man not known for displaying his very often.
But, then, you don't actually make any attempt to get to know anything about most of the other members here beyond some superficial box that you put them. I think I mentioned this earlier: I find most people have a depth that seems to escape your comprehension.

I'm with TB on this, brangus to me I think you are just seeing things a lot different then some. Cottage is just one of the many saying the same thing to cowgirl. I never had a problem with Cottage, in fact she has been very helpful to me many times in the past. Ron maybe you have her blocked because of your actions and comments in the past. With that said as I have said recently, you have toned things down and now contribute helpful and interesting post ...... Cowgirl could take a lesson from your example, but it seems the only time she quits typing about her accomplishments is to give herself another pat on the back.

I have no one blocked, friend or foe I want to see what's going on. Although I want to block TB I can't! :shock: Next to me, he's the biggest Duck fan on the boards!! :tiphat:
Alan, I confess that my impression stems partly from past experience. I have no ill feelings. I am candid in saying my impression of CF led me to block her. I will give the benefit of doubt in your direction. I find the folks on here to be a good reflection on the human race. I have only about 5 people blocked. I blocked some to speed up going through some of the threads not because they irritated me.

[quoteWhy do you feel compelled to insert yourself in the disagreements that others have with CG?][/quote]

Thank you for the insight Cottage Farm.
It is not just CG that I feel the need to speak up for. She is the same "friend" to me as many others here are. I am very against people people being bullied, even strangers, and I will speak up in those circumstances no matter who it is. So my comments are not in defense of CG, but for all of us that get some (what I feel is) undeserved sarcasm cast our way.

I have spent nearly all of my adult life in the construction industry. I lost patience for BS, insincere patronizing, and general sycophancy years ago.
I can understand this and even relate it to myself. This not only comes from "the construction industry" but it also comes with age. Most of us have lost patience for those very same things that you have. And I absolutely do not have a problem with people being this way. What I do have a problem with is kicking people when they are down. Continuing to make nasty comments when they clearly are trying to move on. Making personal assessments of ones mental status publicly. Ect. (I do not feel the need to go further. You all are really smart folks and know what I mean.) There is a fine line between stating your thoughts respectfully, and with good intentions. As oppose to doing it to beat down the poster. I honestly believe that people are so accustom to seeing it here, that it no longer seems odd.

There are many people that will not post on here because of this behavior by some of "the regulars". And I for one, would like to see the variety of their postings! I enjoy them. Think about it. There are thousands of members on this board and only a handful that participate on a regular basis................
What can we do to make people more comfortable to participate and share? Not any of this, that's for sure. :(

I am out numbered and probably fighting a loosing battle. But I do not believe being respectful, kind, and helpful requires "sugar coating."

Yeah, you girls fight it out...just don't loose sight of what/who caused it all cause it ain't gonna change :nod:

alisonb":3co21891 said:
Yeah, you girls fight it out...just don't loose sight of what/who caused it all cause it ain't gonna change :nod:
No fighten here Alison! I try to keep my nose clean..... :D

alisonb":lfqu5wka said:
:lol: Am sure that self proclaimed bytch CF could give a good punch :lol:
Probably. Plus she's younger than me and more wirey. Can likely dodge anything I send her way! :lol:

For what it's worth, I do realize that I am the newer kid on the block and what I have noted is obviously ok with all of you who participate. So I am done talking. :D
But all I ask is for you to think about how many " people get run off" by all this. If you want a closed forum of a select few, well I guess you are doing it right, and who am I to say a darn word?
If you want more people to participate, well something needs to give a little.
I guess when I am tired of seeing it, I will go too. :D

branguscowgirl":sx04856i said:
alisonb":sx04856i said:
Probably. Plus she's younger than me and more wirey. Can likely dodge anything I send her way! :lol:

For what it's worth, I do realize that I am the newer kid on the block and what I have noted is obviously ok with all of you who participate. So I am done talking. :D
But all I ask is for you to think about how many " people get run off" by all this. If you want a closed forum of a select few, well I guess you are doing it right, and who am I to say a darn word?

Oh it's not closed... you said yourself you didn't find it a rough place when you joined.
CF calls it like it is, gets a lot of respect for that.
I don't see anything wrong with 'the way things are' except it's a shame that since certain individuals return as newbs every time they get banned, genuine newbs get called out on the first incidence of BS. Don't too much care about that collateral damage either, this isn't a forum that tolerates bs even if it is called 'cattle today'.

branguscowgirl":1zfn4dzi said:
alisonb":1zfn4dzi said:

BCG,

If this entire forum disappears before I finish this sentence, the sun will still rise tomorrow.
I will go to my farm and scratch my dear Star's big butt.
The earth will continue to orbit the sun.

It does not matter my dear.
In the grand plan of nature man is only a pitiful clown playing on a stage that is as insignificant as a colony of Staphylococcus aureus on a chiggers azz.

Oh Lord, I got myself crying. :cry2:

Can't we all just get along. I think we need a CT camping trip sit around the fire and sing campfire songs lol. I have never had any real problem with anyone on here. I comment on stuff I know if not stay quiet don't start many topics read a lot more than I type. I don't post photos one of the main reasons don't know what photo bucket or whatever you have to go through is. I am not the type to tell someone how to run their cattle operation if they ask I will give them advice and they can take it or let it go out the other ear don't matter to me. I am sure that my ways are not always the best ways, and in life I have learned that people who think their ways are the best and think everyone should do as them are the type of people who rub others the wrong way. I read this forum long before I joined and when I did join I didn't come in like a lil kid poking a hornets nest with a stick and then getting mad at the hornets when I get stung. I think anyone is welcome here as long as they come in the right way and respect others and their ways.

wacocowboy":383vfzze said:
Can't we all just get along. I think we need a CT camping trip sit around the fire and sing campfire songs lol. I have never had any real problem with anyone on here. I comment on stuff I know if not stay quiet don't start many topics read a lot more than I type. I don't post photos one of the main reasons don't know what photo bucket or whatever you have to go through is. I am not the type to tell someone how to run their cattle operation if they ask I will give them advice and they can take it or let it go out the other ear don't matter to me. I am sure that my ways are not always the best ways, and in life I have learned that people who think their ways are the best and think everyone should do as them are the type of people who rub others the wrong way. I read this forum long before I joined and when I did join I didn't come in like a lil kid poking a hornets nest with a stick and then getting mad at the hornets when I get stung. I think anyone is welcome here as long as they come in the right way and respect others and their ways.

He$$ man that would be no fun. I say come in like an azzhole, pizz off as many people as you can and see if you can put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

Never forget, the ones who don't know this forum exists are the ones selling all the cattle. All we are doing is talking about it.

lol If you don't ever stop breaking poor Humpty you will never get him put back together. I sold my calves all I got left for sale is heifers and a few pairs. I wish I had about 100 head of 800lb steers to sale right now with these prices.

inyati13":29ul8vf7 said:
wacocowboy":29ul8vf7 said:

He$$ man that would be no fun. I say come in like an azzhole, pizz off as many people as you can and see if you can put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

Never forget, the ones who don't know this forum exists are the ones selling all the cattle. All we are doing is talking about it.
Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit. You said it all right there. Dam, wish I'd of thought of it first

Edit to add...... These pain meds are freaking funny. It'll make do and say things you never ever would otherwise.
Inyati, you need to unplug. CottageFarm is a great gal. Get off that tall horse.

All, forgive me if I am insulting you. I am taking some drugs that make me feel really cool. (That includes you Cowgirl8) I am certain you are a real person and not a bot.