Rough field

Help Support CattleToday:

ibetyamissedme as i pointed out my farm equipment jargon is very dated.. When i say plow, i mean it like 'i ran to the store'....i didnt run, but you know what i mean..The guy did not have something like a moldboard plow.... I'm not sure if it was a disc type, or had chisels.. Not sure, but i do know that it was way bigger than anything i've ever seen. Asked my son as he ran through the house what that tractor is called, he said it was a Case quadtrack. He said some of the things it pulls are 50 feet wide(now i know that he probably said 50 feet in exaggeration, but, what he does mean is its big)... He said the tractors drive themselves and while he was out in his front yard they drove a brand new one past and he said it was so quiet all you heard was track noise. People stop on the highway to take pictures of this machinery..its that impressive...Specially when he has a big fleet of them out working.

cowgirl8":b769n622 said:
ibetyamissedme as i pointed out my farm equipment jargon is very dated.. When i say plow, i mean it like 'i ran to the store'....i didnt run, but you know what i mean..The guy did not have something like a moldboard plow.... I'm not sure if it was a disc type, or had chisels.. Not sure, but i do know that it was way bigger than anything i've ever seen. Asked my son as he ran through the house what that tractor is called, he said it was a Case quadtrack. He said some of the things it pulls are 50 feet wide(now i know that he probably said 50 feet in exaggeration, but, what he does mean is its big)... He said the tractors drive themselves and while he was out in his front yard they drove a brand new one past and he said it was so quiet all you heard was track noise. People stop on the highway to take pictures of this machinery..its that impressive...Specially when he has a big fleet of them out working.
So the man who plowed the hay field crooked was it a plow or was he just running to town?

:shock: i think you misunderstood.... The big tractor was plowing a field next to this hay field....the hay field i was in was rough because at one time someone plowed it in crooked lines....I use to run to the store, now i have to drive.....lol

cowgirl8":efl5fbnl said:
:shock: i think you misunderstood.... The big tractor was plowing a field next to this hay field....the hay field i was in was rough because at one time someone plowed it in crooked lines....I use to run to the store, now i have to drive.....lol
so your hay field could have been plowed or could not have been plowed, you say it was plowed but you also run to town right? It is difficult for me to have a conversation about agriculture with someone like you who does not understand agriculture. Do you also say this is my angus cow I use him to breed the neighbors heifers?

We'll go back to the post that confused you...highlighted so maybe you can follow...

cowgirl8":1cfyszh4 said:
This field was not rough with pig ruts, it had been plowed years ago and had a washboard pattern over the whole field..Whoever plowed it didnt go straight, so one tire would roll over and the other a bit behind..I cant watch the video because it makes me sea sick..lol
I watched a guy in a big fancy tractor plow a field next to this one. It was a field about the same size, took him an hour. lol.. He had a track tractor, where each wheel should be was a track. Looked very smooth, probably had a TV and bathroom....

Maybe this will clarify it for you...

ibetyamissedme":3qjjunxn said:
cowgirl8":3qjjunxn said:
so your hay field could have been plowed or could not have been plowed, you say it was plowed but you also run to town right? It is difficult for me to have a conversation about agriculture with someone like you who does not understand agriculture. Do you also say this is my angus cow I use him to breed the neighbors heifers?

Inbred, you owe me a cup of coffee and a computer screen :lol: :lol:

CottageFarm":1lwbx5rc said:
Inbred, you owe me a cup of coffee and a computer screen :lol: :lol:
If this is what you call entertaining, you really need to go out and get a life... :clap:

That is entirely possible as I don't get out much... :lol2:
On the other hand if you didn't take yourself so seriously and didn't spend so much time applauding yourself, perhaps you too could appreciate a little humor from a man not known for displaying his very often.
But, then, you don't actually make any attempt to get to know anything about most of the other members here beyond some superficial box that you put them. I think I mentioned this earlier: I find most people have a depth that seems to escape your comprehension.

Cowgirl, you have your hands full now. Inbredredneck is about on your level, I also thought it was funny.

CottageFarm":w0keb0qe said:
On the other hand if you didn't take yourself so seriously and didn't spend so much time applauding yourself, perhaps you too could appreciate a little humor from a man not known for displaying his very often.
But, then, you don't actually make any attempt to get to know anything about most of the other members here beyond some superficial box that you put them. I think I mentioned this earlier: I find most people have a depth that seems to escape your comprehension.
Ok, i think i can fix this...

highgrit":1ieod9r7 said:
Cowgirl, you have your hands full now. Inbredredneck is about on your level, I also thought it was funny.
He is a little cocky...but he also knows his business very well. :nod: Cowgirl on the other hand.....the ball in the "pinball" machine.

cowgirl8":3q48dtmr said:
CottageFarm":3q48dtmr said:

You didn't but at least some ego's got self stroked. Regardless of the mix up in nomenclature if you worked out in the hay field you've done something that 98% of the women in this country would not even consider and you get my applause for that!

CottageFarm":34pfhjtv said:
Just to be clear. Right now I am not "defending cowgirl."
But Cottage Farm, what made you such a nasty person? Now don't say it is the "ignorant people that post on here," because many are much more knowledgeable than you are.
You are correct. I am "not a spiteful person," but you bring out the worst in a person with your meanness! I have seen it over and over again, you lay and wait like a predator and move in when people are down. I truly want "to know you" so I can understand your motive behind this behavior.

James T":11mzmh10 said:
cowgirl8":11mzmh10 said:
CottageFarm":11mzmh10 said:

You didn't but at least some ego's got self stroked. Regardless of the mix up in nomenclature if you worked out in the hay field you've done something that 98% of the women in this country would not even consider and you get my applause for that!
I do it all...put me behind the wheel of anything and i'll drive, pull, tow....and then work cows. I'm a fixer, give me some time. Rome wasnt built in a day..lol

Much smoother field....pulling a rake. I've never used this rake, its hydraulic. Freaked me out a little turning because its pretty wide, but after a few tight turns, i was good...love a good mowed field

James T":3fjkdi2v said:
cowgirl8":3fjkdi2v said:
CottageFarm":3fjkdi2v said:

There is nothing more appealing than women who are intelligent and resourceful. I applaud all the women who take on jobs that many consider man's work. I know a woman who can do anything. She is divorced. We remodeled her kitchen, replumbed her hot water heat, recontoured her back yard, etc. She did a lot of stone work. We got her a stone saw and she became were artistic in stone work. She has an impressive backyard in Denver. I admire these kind of women and boy is it a pleasure to be able to sit on a patio, drinking blended whiskey and watching a big beautiful woman working. :D :D :D

branguscowgirl":rdli29po said:
CottageFarm":rdli29po said:
Just to be clear. Right now I am not "defending cowgirl."
But Cottage Farm, what made you such a nasty person? Now don't say it is the "ignorant people that post on here," because many are much more knowledgeable than you are.
You are correct. I am "not a spiteful person," but you bring out the worst in a person with your meanness! I have seen it over and over again, you lay and wait like a predator and move in when people are down. I truly want "to know you" so I can understand your motive behind this behavior.

Your observations are close to mine. I have her blocked and I would consider it a favor if she would block me. We don't need to aggravate each other.

Blocked?? Guess we all see folks differently, espeically ourselves. I enjoy CF's comments. Usually very well thought out, precise and not endless BS. She's hit me with a couple of slap shots too but in hindsight I had them coming. :lol2: She is very genuine though and not a pretentious bones in her body. (And the only pic I've ever seen of her she's pretty "hot" too". :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :hide:

The only person on this forum that I have blocked is that TexasBred guy. Man oh man the way he drones on and on about cattle nutrition and proper dietary care for livestock.

Oh and his love affair with those obnoxious Aggies and that twerp of a QB Johnny what's his name. Oy vey!

I sure hope he's got me blocked too, I wouldn't want to hurt his feelings.

Latest posts