Rough day on the farm

Help Support CattleToday:

danl

Reaction score
Today didn't go so good, I have stack of lumber behind the barn. Had some 4x4s to use for braces laying on top. Pulled the truck up next to the lumber, left the door open- ac running. I just loaded the last board and I felt a pain in my glove. I had irritated a big nest of wasps and one went in my glove. I took off running, then figured out it was gonna be hard to get back in my truck since the open door was about a foot from the wasp nest. I ended up climbing in the bed reaching thru my sliding rear glass and unlocking the passenger door.
Then it got better, was driving some steel post ( the heat index was around 115) I raised the post driver too high I guess and it slipped out of my hands hit me right on top of the head. I kind of staggered around a minute, then bent over to pick up the driver to drive another post and noticed some real bright red sweat dripping off my nose.
By the time I got to my father in laws house to ask him to look and see if I was hurt, I looked like a murder victum.
A post driver can make a real good gash in your scalp.
I quit after that.

This is just my opinion but I think whoever came up with the idea that the passenger door does not unlock at the same time as the driver's door ought to have his but whipped. JMO

Yes, butting heads with a post driver is starry bloody business. Don't take much of a head nick to produce copius amounts of color when mixed with sweat. Hope you are OK.

Should see the scar on top of my hubby's head from a post driver. It was one of the wooden post drivers. Knocked himself completely out.

I am not real sure how I managed to do it. Almost knocked myself out.
Father in law says it was because it was too hot and he told me not to be back doing anything that didn't have to be done in the heat
Maybe it explains why even though I am 52 he treats me like a kid.
I have wondered how old I have to get before My dad and father in law quit treating me like a 10 year old :?

danl":o3k6jk8s said:
Father in law says it was because it was too hot and he told me not to be back doing anything that didn't have to be done in the heat
I have wondered how old I have to get before My dad and father in law quit treating me like a 10 year old :?

Maybe when you quit knocking yourself out :help: :lol2: :lol2:

Don't feel bad age is no guarantee of intelligence or common sense. I prove that every day. :nod:

danl":t71ft130 said:
I tend to think that really doesn't ever happen or maybe more like on a 60 year curve. When he is 85 he just may give you credit for being at least 25.

I have a 85 year old neighbor that is VERY accident prone. It so happens that he was driving a t-post and the top of the driver popped off and the tube hit him on the fore head. Talk about two black eyes!

It's amazing, he never complains about the pain or blood when he gets hurt. I'm not like that, my wife says I'm a whinner and she might have a point.

I told him he'd better watch what he said to his wife next time or maybe he'd wind up really getting hurt.

Latest posts