Rotational grazing- grass height

Help Support CattleToday:

I use the computer program to demonstrate to them what the capacity might be and at least get them back to reality.

Hello. I'm sorry if you already posted this and I missed it but What's the name of the computer program that you use? Thanks in advance.

Well I just wanted to say thanks for all the responses. I found them all interesting. Will be opening the fields soon, waiting for grass to grow a little taller first. Its been warm then cold here so, I think the grass is even confused too. :???:

Kingfisher":35nsurwh said:
I use the computer program to demonstrate to them what the capacity might be and at least get them back to reality.

Hello. I'm sorry if you already posted this and I missed it but What's the name of the computer program that you use? Thanks in advance.

I would advise you to go to the resources within your state or area.
In Virginia the land grant university has a program that is failry complex but very accurate and even uses aerial photography.

If you have a state forage and graasland council or similar grazing organization they can point you at resources.

In Virginia the NRCS has a simple excel spreadsheet that I find pretty useful and simple to use. But it is based on grass performance and species in Virginia. I would think most states would have a similarly tailorer program.

Latest posts