Romagnola vs. Blonde d'Aquitaine

Help Support CattleToday:

schapfarms

Reaction score
I was wondering the feelings anyone had on the Romagnola breed vs. Blonde for beef quality and breeding for feedlot ready calves. Any other comments or facts about these breeds are welcome.

I have a few Blondes myself. :)
Blondes are a breed who needs a very high protein food othervise they dont became supreme in beef "shape". They are also prodocers of a " very low fat beef".
Newborn calves are big in size v.s Charolais, Limousine.

I was curious as to where you are located and where you got your Blondes from? I have been looking on internet for them in the U.S. and can only find them in Wisconsin and Texas, which is a little too far from Missouri for us.

Had a couple blondes in missouri years back when i ran commerical cows, great growth and very good at foraging. No problems and great temperaments.

Look up the American Blonde Association website; http://www.blondecattle.org/

There are many breeders accross the country listed; even some in Missouri.

We raised Blonde cattle for years. They are the most feed efficient cattle you can have in a feedlot situation. They have become the number two breed in France due to their meat quality and tenderness, lean meat, high cutability and feed efficiency. Contrary to beliefs, marbling has very little to do with the tenderness of beef compared to other factors. Shear force is a better measure of tenderness, and trials that I have seen show that Blonde cattle have some of the lowest shear forces among breeds and Angus (the heralded king of marbling) have some of the highest. Not anything against Angus (we raise them as well) because they are superior in other traits, but beef production is not one of them.

Latest posts