rock picker

Help Support CattleToday:

gbfarm

Reaction score
I've taken on some new land that needs reseeding. The meadows are pretty rough so I plowed them to smooth during the seeding process. Tons of rocks like I've never seen. most are in the 4"-6" size. I've located a couple older rock pickers within a 4 hr drive. One is a anderson the other a degelman. Has anyone used either of these? Any tips or advice? Thanks

I have used a rockhound on a skid steer; they are Slow but leave good ground. How perfect are you looking for?

Thanks for all replys. In my younger years we would pull a trailer with the old farmall, everyone walking along throwing the rocks in. Now its only myself and many years older, looking for a better way.
I'm not looking for perfect by anymeans. Just wanting to get anything that would do equipment damage.
The cultipacker takes care of most smaller rocks

The guy that does that for a living around here ran Shulte and Vermeer, along with a Shulte rock rake.

Rock buckets on a loader seem pretty popular too.

Haha! That made me laugh! I looked at Shulte's rock pickers on their website. I would love to have ground that level to need a machine like that. My old skid steer and rock hound picker does the job on our small TN hayfields but you have to dump into piles or have something running with you to dump into so not super fast.

Latest posts