Retread 2

Help Support CattleToday:

Gators Rule

Reaction score
Just wanted to give my two cents. Not a thing wrong with that "retread" heifer. Neat markings, and a decent commercial grade heifer. :2cents:

Moderator, now you can lock both retread threads.

Too bad things cant stay on topic...
But just for the heck of it, here she is in a better pose...

Gators Rule":wpw8q6ui said:
Just wanted to give my two cents. Not a thing wrong with that "retread" heifer. Neat markings, and a decent commercial grade heifer. :2cents:

Moderator, now you can lock both retread threads.

Looks very similar to some of the brangus I've raised but with a bit more white around the udder. I might take a chance on this one.

Last weaning season we held back 60 heifers....as time went on we culled 15 for being offish and rowdy when penned alone. Hated culling that many. Husband thinks we'll hold back 10 this year now so i'm looking. When we decided on no heifers held back, i just dont look at them like i do when i look for retained heifers. If Retread grows to meet up with what we find to keep, she just may stay.. she wont need a tag, just look for the tire mark..lol

This heifer is a much safer bet than the other two in the same photo, she's later maturing as you can expect from any heifer with brahman influence, but she has some loin, a bit of room to grow and looks sound enough.

The worst thing you can have in any eared animal is a tight hide.

My only comment about the heifer is that I think she needs a different name. Maybe "Crosstown Traffic" after the Jimi Hendrix song about the girl with the tire tracks all across her back...

WalnutCrest":1xqrotda said:
My only comment about the heifer is that I think she needs a different name. Maybe "Crosstown Traffic" after the Jimi Hendrix song about the girl with the tire tracks all across her back...
I'm so totally up for any suggestions on names...Crosstown Traffic, i'm going to have to look that song up....

KNERSIE":90plms0n said:
This heifer is a much safer bet than the other two in the same photo, she's later maturing as you can expect from any heifer with brahman influence, but she has some loin, a bit of room to grow and looks sound enough.

The worst thing you can have in any eared animal is a tight hide.

Didn't you get the memo Harley? She doesn't want the calf to be critiqued, she just is showing it's pretty coloring!

Couldn't care less about the memo, I just gave my hopefully objective opinion, when it comes to cowgirl8 objective opinions are hard to come by. I missed the lead up to where she is now one of the more infamous members, it must have happened while I took a break from CT, so I really have no dog in this fight, but from what I've read on the original thread it seems that hard feelings overuled cowsense when it came to critiqueing this heifer.

Alan":2cgwc0wy said:
Sad, just sad.....
Muddy":2cgwc0wy said:
Seriously....
Let's see something better

M-5":2cgwc0wy said:
cowgirl8":2cgwc0wy said:
If one were fishing, i'd say we caught 3 big ole lunkers.....lol

maybe that's what you need to get your attitude straightened out "a big ole lunker"
You should be ashamed.

Latest posts