resflor for pinkeye

Help Support CattleToday:

Nuflor is generally used for respiratory problems. (The Resflor combines Nuflor with an anti-inflammatory -- Flunixin -- for pain.) I don't know if it will work on pinkeye.

When we had a pinkeye outbreak some years back, we treated with one dose of Biomycin 200, accompanied by Banamine.

There have been some changes in what is used for pinkeye the last few years. Try doing a search for pinkeye on Cattle Today, and see what people are using now. I do know that you do not want to wait to treat this though.

Edited to add: I guess it is not unheard of for pinkeye to occur this time of year, but it's usually during warmer months when flies are around; they carry it. You might want to examine the animal first to be sure there isn't something in the eye irritating it, like a piece of hay or something like that.

Normally use oxy with great success.keep resflor on hand.has been very windy here so having some issues with co mufti it us.

I had a guy tell me to use la200 and then a cc of penicilan squirted in the eye and that has worked well with my cows and calves that have had pinkeye.
A lady at the local feed store suggested some type of horse medicine that you could squirt in the eye that would clear up pinkeye without giving the animal an additional shot of la200 and a friend said he tried it with good results.I bought a bottle of the horse medicine but can't remember the name so I'll go look for it and then post the name.

Latest posts