Replacement bull

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown":3trrqekk said:
Thank you Chuckie and Hook !
Was a tough year on losses for us taking the really good ones. That heavy bred heifer due to calve any day with twin heifers back in March and now Precision by a lightening strike . Two steps forward and 3 steps back, I guess that is how life is sometimes .

Appreciate all the positive comments about 1Z , I still have no name for him though . Usually never at a loss , but with this fellow I am . :?

Well he's outa Sir Arnold call him the Terminator

Thanks all !!! Will let you know how his calves come out next Feb.

We are weaning and weighing today , will be interesting to get those weights on Precision's calves out of the heifers and 3 year olds .

Still sucks that he is gone . I would have had a heck of a set of calves coming up with him on the cows and 1z on the heifers . :frowns:

I really like him... and he looks a heck of a lot like our current bull... How long you figure you will keep him? If you don't lose him to lightning, heck, I might have to take a drive out your way to pick him up in a few years, or, if you have any others like him!

This is ours... how closely related you think they are?

I haven't had the easiest year with the cows either... Lost 2 calves last spring, Lost one to heat stroke last august, nice young cow.. Then I lost one of my best to a real stroke in feb, lost a twin this spring, and the 17 year old cow will have to be put down this fall... 3 of my best animals... Fortunately I've gotten some good calves from them.

I've seen lots of lightning this year when I'm out at night... many many miles in the distance I just see the sky flicker... it was really bad for a couple weeks at the beginning of the month

Your bull should have had his head down grazing :p

Nesikep":708luaww said:
I really like him... and he looks a heck of a lot like our current bull... How long you figure you will keep him? If you don't lose him to lightning, heck, I might have to take a drive out your way to pick him up in a few years, or, if you have any others like him!

This is ours... how closely related you think they are?

I haven't had the easiest year with the cows either... Lost 2 calves last spring, Lost one to heat stroke last august, nice young cow.. Then I lost one of my best to a real stroke in feb, lost a twin this spring, and the 17 year old cow will have to be put down this fall... 3 of my best animals... Fortunately I've gotten some good calves from them.

I've seen lots of lightning this year when I'm out at night... many many miles in the distance I just see the sky flicker... it was really bad for a couple weeks at the beginning of the month

Your bull should have had his head down grazing :p

It has been a heck of a year all around for weather patterns Nesi hasn't it . As my niece would say "that sucks" .
I am collecting him and then will use him for a couple more years to clean up , also depends on his calves too. I have some awesome heifers and 2 year olds that were bred to him , expect great things popping out in Feb. Will let you know how they are doing .
Hopefully the lightening is behind us now . :frowns:

Around here it hasn't been too bad, but we see the big clouds going by and we know they're coming down somewhere east of us, I guess you're getting them... There were some good clouds going by today for that matter :O

I look forward to seeing his calves!