Remitall Herefords

Help Support CattleToday:

WisRose

Reaction score
Was reading another thread and someone said that they wouldn't want a Remitall Hereford on their land. Was curious as to why they are not liked? We just purchased two bred heifers who happen to be Remitall animals. We didn't purchase them for that reason,we were just looking to add to our small herd and we bought from a Hereford breeder close by. These were embryo calves and I don't have the registration papers yet so I'm not sure which Remitall they are. I hope they turn out to be nice animals, we are not into showing just want good sound cows.

WisRose":3fmo4lq3 said:
Was reading another thread and someone said that they wouldn't want a Remitall Hereford on their land. Was curious as to why they are not liked? We just purchased two bred heifers who happen to be Remitall animals. We didn't purchase them for that reason,we were just looking to add to our small herd and we bought from a Hereford breeder close by. These were embryo calves and I don't have the registration papers yet so I'm not sure which Remitall they are. I hope they turn out to be nice animals, we are not into showing just want good sound cows.

I was the one who posted I wouldn't own any Remitall's my experience was a bad one, calves where as big as box cars, and cattle to big for my taste.

Thanks for responding. I hope I don't have any troubles! Didn't know anything about Remitall until I started researching different breeds and breeders. We went to the World Beef Expo in Milwaukee this past Sept. and it seemed that every other Hereford calf was sired by a Remitall bull. I was looking into different Hereford bulls to breed them with next summer and have no clue on what to use. We AI and only have the Select Sires tech. around here. They carry KCF Victor 08N X4 and I think I read somewhere on this site that he is an excellent bull. The people that we purchased the heifers from said that the Victor lines were to angular framed and too small. I don't want HUGE cattle just good mama's. Any advice on which Hereford bull to use would be greatly appreciated. We only have 4 cows now (2) angusxherefordxsimmis and the two Herefords for now. I even thought of using a angus bull and getting blk baldies. This site is really great. I have learned SO MUCH. Thanks!

WisRose":wyki7gap said:
Thanks for responding. I hope I don't have any troubles! Didn't know anything about Remitall until I started researching different breeds and breeders. We went to the World Beef Expo in Milwaukee this past Sept. and it seemed that every other Hereford calf was sired by a Remitall bull. I was looking into different Hereford bulls to breed them with next summer and have no clue on what to use. We AI and only have the Select Sires tech. around here. They carry KCF Victor 08N X4 and I think I read somewhere on this site that he is an excellent bull. The people that we purchased the heifers from said that the Victor lines were to angular framed and too small. I don't want HUGE cattle just good mama's. Any advice on which Hereford bull to use would be greatly appreciated. We only have 4 cows now (2) angusxherefordxsimmis and the two Herefords for now. I even thought of using a angus bull and getting blk baldies. This site is really great. I have learned SO MUCH. Thanks!

When will you be breeding them? We used 08N X4 pretty extensively this year but won't have calves till Feb-March. Seems like they have a bull Ozzy or Izzy or something, he sounded interesting but wasn't available when we were breeding. And we're pretty well pleased with the ABS bull that we used last year so we used him a good bit this year too. We usually use a Red Angus on all of the heifers. We know what they'll do so we're pretty comfortable with them.

dun

WisRose":1dih1wg6 said:

I really like the Felton's and Braxton Giants but thats personal opinon, everybody has one and they all stink. My 2 cents.

Callie":20ygozvu said:
WisRose":20ygozvu said:

I really like the Felton's and Braxton Giants but thats personal opinon, everybody has one and they all stink. My 2 cents.

That was my post, wife didn't log off and I wasn't paying attention.

The heifers are bred now and should calve in March. One is supposedly bred to Remitall Embracer 8E and the other is bred to CS Boomer. I hope all goes well I hate losing calves that you've waited so long for. Select Sires carries VPI Limited Edition J921 (Feltons 517 is his sire and KCF Victor 08N is grand sire) I used this bull on my angusx cow. Gerber Karat 024K is another bull, CHH Pyramidx4 71D, Gerber Formula 11F and GAF Mr. Pacman 13C. That is it for the Hereford. They have pages of Blk angus! The breeder suggested a red angus for my other xbreed cow a bull named MLK CRK HOBO 5228 so everyone is bred this year was just looking into who to use next year. Was thinking about Gelbvieh for my xbreeds but there are only two listed in the Select Sires catalog and I know they are not very popular around here yet.

WisRose":3hhc866v said:
The heifers are bred now and should calve in March. One is supposedly bred to Remitall Embracer 8E and the other is bred to CS Boomer. I hope all goes well I hate losing calves that you've waited so long for. Select Sires carries VPI Limited Edition J921 (Feltons 517 is his sire and KCF Victor 08N is grand sire) I used this bull on my angusx cow. Gerber Karat 024K is another bull, CHH Pyramidx4 71D, Gerber Formula 11F and GAF Mr. Pacman 13C. That is it for the Hereford. They have pages of Blk angus! The breeder suggested a red angus for my other xbreed cow a bull named MLK CRK HOBO 5228 so everyone is bred this year was just looking into who to use next year. Was thinking about Gelbvieh for my xbreeds but there are only two listed in the Select Sires catalog and I know they are not very popular around here yet.

I have quite a bit of Feltons 517 in my herd I really like that line almost as well as the Braxton

welcome to the boards WisRose.

recently Remitall cattle have become very popular in the US. we've used a Keynote son, a Hollywood son and last year we a.i.'d to Highway. i agree w/Campground in that the cattle can get very big. on the other hand, the Hollywood granddaughters are some of the smallest in our herd. Remitall has a very good program and good cattle.

as for the Victors, we really like the Victors. below is a pic of one of our new young herd bulls that's a Victor. i can pm you some pics of some more of our herd bulls that are also Victor bloodlines. i think you'll see that the Victors can have just as much muscling and body as other bloodlines.

Thanks for the welcome :D I've been "lurking" for a while now. That sure is a nice looking bull txag! You can p.m. me more pictures, I love seeing others cattle. When I was reasearching the Remitall Embracer bull I found that the semen is $150 a straw :shock: ! When breeding our other two cows I had asked the breeder if he had VPI Limited Edition (Hereford)and he said that he was an expensive bull, a whopping $18 bull! The breeder carries a lot of the cheaper $8 dollar bulls.Boy, I know we will never spend $150 on semen for one cow! I've noticed a lot of talk about the Braxton line of herefords, but where would one get semen? We live in the midst of dairy country but there are beginning to be a lot of beef herds around. Most are just cross breeds. The dairies are big parlor systems now instead of the 40-50 cow family farms that were all over a few years ago. We were able to buy a 35 acre farmette last year so now I can start a small herd. Land around here is EXPENSIVE! $3000-4000 an acre. The big dairies have all the land around here bought up or rented.

Embracer's cheap.........compared to Keynote's $1000/straw. you can also order semen from Reed Enterprises http://www.reedent.com they have almost any hereford bull you could want semen on & most of it will run about $20/straw.

Jim Reed himself told me that two of the best bargains in his catalog ( or on his website) are Vindicator and Energiser, if you are wanting to produce good replacement heifers. They are like five and ten dollars a straw, and the certificates are around $45. The accuracies of their EPDs, (for those who use them) are very high. Good luck.

txag":29sg89cm said:
18d28a42.jpg
Txag, I'm not a real big Hereford fan, but that is a good looking young bull! Lotta muscling there. I think I could get to like 'em real quick if I had a set of bulls like that one!

Thanks for all the sites, I will check them all out. We don't have a tank to store semen but the big dairy farmer down the road said he would store some for us in his tank and even do the inseminating. I think I will try KCF Victor 08N X4 first. Just curious how much do registered bred heifers sell for? I want to see if we over paid or not. We got them in September and they were around 18 months old. They did have a real nice darker red heifer that they cut from their show ring for sale but they wanted $1800 for her.

WisRose":l0uwwhew said:
Just curious how much do registered bred heifers sell for? I want to see if we over paid or not.
Depending on the size, quality, bloodlines, EPD's, reputation of breeder, what bull they are bred to, hype etc. you could be looking at commercial prices up into the $1,000.00"s. For the majority of real good quality bred hfrs., you are probaly looking at the $1,500.00 to $3,500.00 price range.
This is based on todays market.

Texan":3ifid8yr said:
Txag, I'm not a real big Hereford fan, but that is a good looking young bull! Lotta muscling there. I think I could get to like 'em real quick if I had a set of bulls like that one!

Well Tex I looking to go visit txag as I need to bring in some replacements next year. Them Victors look good thought I could breed them up with some Braxton. ;-)

Latest posts