Remedy and cedar ("ashe juniper")

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":1ul54j8e said:
Guarantee you the remedy will kill the ones you have.

You "guarantee"... that's a pretty strong statement. No offense intended, now.... but are you speaking from personal experience, spraying cedar (ashe juniper) with a .5 - 1.0 % Remedy/water mix? Are you talking about spraying 50% of the cedar, or 100%?

Again, no offense, nothing personal, but it's common on internet forums (including this one) for people to make very strong, definite, specific declarations like this, and then upon further inquiry, it turns out it's just something somebody said somebody said somebody said.

Thanks,
Ruark

Ruark":2xn9262k said:
TexasBred":2xn9262k said:
Guarantee you the remedy will kill the ones you have.

You "guarantee"... that's a pretty strong statement. No offense intended, now.... but are you speaking from personal experience, spraying cedar (ashe juniper) with a .5 - 1.0 % Remedy/water mix? Are you talking about spraying 50% of the cedar, or 100%?

Again, no offense, nothing personal, but it's common on internet forums (including this one) for people to make very strong, definite, specific declarations like this, and then upon further inquiry, it turns out it's just something somebody said somebody said somebody said.

Thanks,
Ruark

Ruark, from the calculations you have above, it looks like you are planning to mix the Remedy at .5 %. I have been mixing mine at around 12.5% Remedy and the rest diesel. This is to spray small to mid-sized mesquites (foliar, basal, and some stumps). This mixture has worked pretty well. The ones I sprayed are dead, but after a couple of years, little ones come up in other places, so it is a never ending battle. Can't give you any solid adive on cedars, as I haven't sprayed that many.

But the one thing I agree with the others on, is that if you mix it strong enough, you should get a good kill.

TXBobcat":2if91anf said:
But the one thing I agree with the others on, is that if you mix it strong enough, you should get a good kill.
Wrong! If you mix it too storng it won;t kill them. They will die back but resprout from the roots.

dun":2kvztten said:
TXBobcat":2kvztten said:
Wrong! If you mix it too storng it won;t kill them. They will die back but resprout from the roots.

OK, Dun, I agree. I guess there is a fine line between too strong and not enough. You would also be wasting money if mixed too strong.

Do you think my 12% remedy, 88% diesel mix is too strong?

TXBobcat":2ihxfg2s said:
dun":2ihxfg2s said:
TXBobcat":2ihxfg2s said:

OK, Dun, I agree. I guess there is a fine line between too strong and not enough. You would also be wasting money if mixed too strong.

Do you think my 12% remedy, 88% diesel mix is too strong?
Not for a basal spray, which is the only way using diesel will help.

Latest posts