Redneck Logic

Help Support CattleToday:

I have a hard time telling them apart as well and I'm spanish. Born and raised in my early years in Bolivia. Don't have a spanish accent and other than being a bit more brown than others look like everyone else. Most spanish people that have been here for generations are pretty much like me. Blend well, English is their language (although most still can speak spanish..mine sucks), work hard as he$$ and are good citizens. The illegals look and act just like they're still in Mexico. But for whatever reason when they mix and mingle together you'd be hard pressed to sort out the legals and illegals.

they work harder than most people and appreciate there jobs. I've worked beside Mexicans pouring concrete . I'm tired of hearing they are taking our jobs. Most of the jobs they took are because others are to lazy to work .everyone wants to work in doors or in the .. ac one. of the problems with our country is people are to lazy to work . O

It doesn't matter what kind of tough talk we get from politicians regarding illegal immigration... They'll never actually do anything drastic to curb it.
1. they are scared to death of alianating a huge voting block of legal citizens who are of hispanic heratige as well as future citizens should anyone grant amnesty.
2. illegal immigrants, for the most part, provide labor which increases our economy but are scared to use resources for fear of being caught so they pay taxes into the system but don't draw welfare,etc.
3. follow the money- California has a HUGE economy and alot of it is in ag. It's nearly impossible in my corner of the world to have any money without having some of it invested in agriculture... and we LOVE mexican labor. They are hard workers, they understand farm practices because they are farmers themselves, they are proud of their work so it gets done right the first time, and their values make them great neighbors. There's alot of money out there to be lost if the "problem" gets "fixed" and so it never will be.
My worst nightmare is that one day I'll show up to my first dairy or walk into one of my citrus groves and find all the mexicans had to go home and I'm stuck with a bunch of junkies who don't want to be there. I'd be out of business before the day was over.
I was told by a Sunkist packer that this year he started the picking season with more English speaking pickers than ever before and they were nothing but problems and he was glad that they all quit after the first few days. :D

No need to use the mines just take turns electricying the fences with high voltage, you could use the solar panels every so far on the sunny days and just hook the fence up to the grid at night and on the cloudy days.

cow pollinater":1h9hx473 said:
It doesn't matter what kind of tough talk we get from politicians regarding illegal immigration... They'll never actually do anything drastic to curb it.
1. they are scared to death of alianating a huge voting block of legal citizens who are of hispanic heratige as well as future citizens should anyone grant amnesty.
2. illegal immigrants, for the most part, provide labor which increases our economy but are scared to use resources for fear of being caught so they pay taxes into the system but don't draw welfare,etc.
3. follow the money- California has a HUGE economy and alot of it is in ag. It's nearly impossible in my corner of the world to have any money without having some of it invested in agriculture... and we LOVE mexican labor. They are hard workers, they understand farm practices because they are farmers themselves, they are proud of their work so it gets done right the first time, and their values make them great neighbors. There's alot of money out there to be lost if the "problem" gets "fixed" and so it never will be.
My worst nightmare is that one day I'll show up to my first dairy or walk into one of my citrus groves and find all the mexicans had to go home and I'm stuck with a bunch of junkies who don't want to be there. I'd be out of business before the day was over.
I was told by a Sunkist packer that this year he started the picking season with more English speaking pickers than ever before and they were nothing but problems and he was glad that they all quit after the first few days. :D

Great answer, but I'm afraid the logic will sail right over the heads of way too many.

In my view, there are three types of people when dealing with the Mexican immigration issue:

Those that see them as predators and parasites, to be eradicated like vermin, or at the very least, kept away at all costs. They're different than we are, after all, so they don't deserve a chance at a better life like us "normal" people.

Those that see it in economic terms. This can go either way. Some see them as a drain on our economy, some as a benefit. There are good arguments on both sides, but I tend to think the benefits far outweigh the drains they may cause. Like cow pollinator, I can't imagine the damage to our economy, especially agriculture, if they suddenly vanished. Who would take their place? Sure, there are good, hardworking people left in this country, but not nearly enough to step in and fill that void. Most people nowadays, including lots of people my age, think they're entitled to a $25 an hour job just because they're alive, and if it means physical labor, well, forget it. Few of them could, or would, do the work those immigrants do at the wages they do it for.

Then there's those, like me, that see it in human terms. Forget the criminals and gangbangers for a minute and you'll see that the overwhelming majority of Mexican immigrants are just people trying to make a better life for themselves and their families. Most of us are here today because our ancestors did the exact same thing. Like Caustic said, most of us would do the same thing if we saw it as our only option. The only Mexicans I've dealt with on a regular basis around here were on construction and concrete crews. Don't remember one that wasn't decent, friendly, and hard working. Don't know if they were legal or not and don't really care. I saw them as people to be respected, not as threats to me or my country. But maybe that's just me.

After all that, I suppose I don't see it as the huge problem that others do, probably because I don't have to deal with it on a daily basis. Maybe if I lived near the Mexican border, I'd have a different view. I don't know. Either way, I don't have an answer, but......minefields?.........super charged electric fences?.......comparing them to the Viet Cong? Jesus. :roll:

Van C, we are supposed to be a nation of laws. That doesnt mean we are supposed to look the other way while someone breaks our laws, just because we feel sorry for their plight. If we continue to look the other way, that leads to anarchy.

I have a gut feeling as more and more of the illegals make their way north, that attitudes may change.. This new group headed your way isnt the hardworking Mexican, that wants a job. Its the El Salvodorian death squad member or some of the of the other fine folks coming north from Cental and South America. We sorta live at the edge of town. It wasnt that many years ago that I didnt even lock my doors at night. Now doors stayed locked 24/7 and their are loaded guns ready to rock and roll placed around the house. These thugs dont play and they dont want to ask for job on my farm, they just want what I have worked for.

Finally as for this idea that illegals that work and pay into the system and take nothing out of it idea. :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: Its mandated here in Texas to have bilingual teachers, free school lunches, free clothing, and many other free perks. Are they paying for that? Nope, many of them are payed under the table....So their are no taxes payed there. If one of them does go to the ER, as they do, they get that free as well. Lets say one of em gets in a car wreck and kills someone or a family, and has no insurance....Oh silly me....that has happened numerous times....and still nothing happens.....When you start turning the other way in law enforcement....it leads to no liberty or justice for all

the problem being faced is not illegal immigration as the politicians like to sugar coat it; the problem is a mass migration of historical proportion. the gov't has no big stick policy anymore and cannot deal with the situation, but it can be successfully addressed. i served many years with the immigration service on the southern border. one year, for some reason that i don't recall, the mexican gov't got involved and border crossings went from several hundred a day in our sector to almost nothing. that lasted about three days then eventually things went back to the normal flood of people. there is a political solution but you're not likely to see anything done by big gov't and when the states try on their own, well, you know the results.....republicans want the cheap labor and democrats want the votes!

houstoncutter":2srnf9kg said:
Van C, we are supposed to be a nation of laws. That doesnt mean we are supposed to look the other way while someone breaks our laws, just because we feel sorry for their plight. If we continue to look the other way, that leads to anarchy.

I have a gut feeling as more and more of the illegals make their way north, that attitudes may change.. This new group headed your way isnt the hardworking Mexican, that wants a job. Its the El Salvodorian death squad member or some of the of the other fine folks coming north from Cental and South America. We sorta live at the edge of town. It wasnt that many years ago that I didnt even lock my doors at night. Now doors stayed locked 24/7 and their are loaded guns ready to rock and roll placed around the house. These thugs dont play and they dont want to ask for job on my farm, they just want what I have worked for.

Finally as for this idea that illegals that work and pay into the system and take nothing out of it idea. :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: Its mandated here in Texas to have bilingual teachers, free school lunches, free clothing, and many other free perks. Are they paying for that? Nope, many of them are payed under the table....So their are no taxes payed there. If one of them does go to the ER, as they do, they get that free as well. Lets say one of em gets in a car wreck and kills someone or a family, and has no insurance....Oh silly me....that has happened numerous times....and still nothing happens.....When you start turning the other way in law enforcement....it leads to no liberty or justice for all

I can see the logic in your views, especially concerning the fact that illegals are breaking our laws and that shouldn't be tolerated. As I said, if I were closer to the "action" and my family was directly threatened I'd probably take a harder line. It's easy to make judgements from afar and I can be as guilty of it as anyone. All I have to go on is what I've read, much of which is BS from both sides, and my personal experiences, which isn't much in this case. Again, I don't have an answer, but I'll never believe that the answer is to secure the border in a way that would end up killing someone that's simply trying to make a better life for himself and his family.

... we are supposed to be a nation of laws. That doesnt mean we are supposed to look the other way while someone breaks our laws, just because we feel sorry for their plight.
They don't really see it that way and we wouldn't either if we were in their shoes. They are Mexican citizens and they live by Mexican law. If you or I were to get kicked out of Canada for something oddball that is against Canadian law, we'd wonder what the big deal was but we wouldn't feel like we did anything wrong... Law implies intent. Yes, they crossed the border but they follow implied intent since it isn't against their law and we aren't stopping them. It doesn't make them right but it does make them less wrong. :?

I have a gut feeling as more and more of the illegals make their way north, that attitudes may change..
I agree, more people will be more accepting of them.

This new group headed your way isnt the hardworking Mexican, that wants a job. Its the El Salvodorian death squad member or some of the of the other fine folks coming north from Cental and South America.
They're already here. I know an ex-El Salvadorian gang member that came here for the same reason the Mexicans do, he wanted a different life and he's thankful to have it. He's one of the best that my big dairy customer has. He had an even harder time getting here than most because he had to make it through Mexico and the gangs there tried to kill him for being from El Salvador.

We sorta live at the edge of town. It wasnt that many years ago that I didnt even lock my doors at night. Now doors stayed locked 24/7 and their are loaded guns ready to rock and roll placed around the house. These thugs dont play and they dont want to ask for job on my farm, they just want what I have worked for.
My experiance has been quite the oposite. One of my pastures borders a swap meet on one side and a carneceria a half mile down the road... The ONLY times anyone in that neighborhood has ever had to call the sheriff for ANYTHING, it's been the white crackhead at the end of the street.

Finally as for this idea that illegals that work and pay into the system and take nothing out of it idea. :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:
Its mandated here in Texas to have bilingual teachers, free school lunches, free clothing, and many other free perks. Are they paying for that? Nope, many of them are payed under the table....So their are no taxes payed there.
:lol2: Follow the money... Labor is a huge tax write-off. It is cheaper to pay legal wages over the table to someone that you can't prove to be an illegal and write it off on your taxes than it is to pay anywhere near similar wages cash under the table. Plus the likelyhood of getting in trouble drops to near zero. Cash under the table is for teenagers who don't understand finances yet.

If one of them does go to the ER, as they do, they get that free as well. Lets say one of em gets in a car wreck and kills someone or a family, and has no insurance....Oh silly me....that has happened numerous times....and still nothing happens.....When you start turning the other way in law enforcement....it leads to no liberty or justice for all
I'll give you this one. This is the real downside to having them here. We do have the same problems with many legal residents, however, so the problem doesn't just disappear by closing the border.

I will also conceed that you are much closer to the border than I am. The illegals that make it up to where I am are more likely coming here for work since we have an abundance of that. I suspect that the criminal elements would migrate to where there is an abundance of oppertunity for them to succeed in as well... Apperantly that isn't here.

We have a Federal prison here which has approx. 4200 inmates. We are nowhere close to the border, but over 80% of the inmates are Hispanic, most don't or won't speak English. They are not in there for breaking immigration laws, for that they get deported, and as the saying goes they aren't there for "singing to loud in church" either.

Workers comp, and SS adds alot of expense for the employer. If the goverment would stop paying welfare and supplying food stamps we would have plenty of workers that are legal citizens. Our border needs to be secure. We need to slow down the drug trade, and the gangs before its to late, if its not already to late. The 3 S's will stop most of our border issues within a week. But we are to civilized for that, unless its your family that suffers the loss because of a illegal immigrant.

highgrit":1ay28t6c said:
Workers comp, and SS adds alot of expense for the employer. If the goverment would stop paying welfare and supplying food stamps we would have plenty of workers that are legal citizens. Our border needs to be secure. We need to slow down the drug trade, and the gangs before its to late, if its not already to late. The 3 S's will stop most of our border issues within a week. But we are to civilized for that, unless its your family that suffers the loss because of a illegal immigrant.

I agree we need a secure border, but as far as the gangs and crime you don't have a clue. This battle has been rageing since 1835 here. The Rangers were formed to fight Indians, Mexican bandits, as well as the Mexican government. In 1910 era it really got nasty with Rangers killing thousands of "Mexicans". There have been raids going on both sides of the border for over 175 years. This is not a simple solution of painting all Hispanic's as the problem as many have been U.S. citizens long before the Irish and the Italians. In the war of 1845 millions of square miles changed hands overnight with half the land the US won changeing from Meixcan to U.S. citizens. In the soutwest we have a very interwoven society with Hispanics. In Texas my family as many others immigrated to Mexico from Georgia and Mississippi and became Mexican citizens leaving the U.S. Do we have a problem yes is there a simple solution, not that anyone has came up with.

All the #$%#in, and growling about this and other problems in the US today is gonna stop any of them. Until we get off our collective #%#@@ and kick these pc, dont spank your kids, money grubbers out of Washington, and elect some common men and women to make our laws, there is nothing that will be done about it.

I in no way want to get this thread locked down for being "political", but in my opinion thats what needs to be done. Also, while we're at it, propose a term limit, that will keep them honest. You should only get one 4 year term in either House, and thats it. Your political days are over. JMO

You're right about the legal system paint. Too many stupid laws. My favorite: You can ride in the back of my 1 ton. Get in the back seat and you have to wear a seat belt. What in hades is going on?

backhoeboogie":2zix4rzr said:
You're right about the legal system paint. Too many stupid laws. My favorite: You can ride in the back of my 1 ton. Get in the back seat and you have to wear a seat belt. What in hades is going on?

Don't get caught with them wire cutters in your truck Boogie...You'll be gone too. :lol2: :lol2: