Redneck characteristics

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Farm Fence Solutions":2qy37fdq said:
I accepted a high school diploma once, and the crowd went wild. 6,000 people on their feet....Cheering, clapping, whistling....Caused a 10 minute delay. I'm guessing that there very well may have been a redneck or two in the crowd, but even the civilized folk cheered. The diploma was not mine, but serves as an example that every diploma has different meaning for each recipient. For some, making it that far in school is a real challenge, and their people are just showing some love the way they know how. Disruptive? Maybe, but not nearly as disruptive as the well educated polite lady's perfume. It'd be a whole lot cooler if we all just got along.

That was a very special case. I suspect a lot of tears too.

M-5":jcgsub6w said:
herofan":jcgsub6w said:
Maybe instead of yelling at graduations, snakes could somehow be incorporated into the ceremony. If that is what some really wanted to do, I'm sure it would be fine. :lol2:
Alot already have a snake involved. Have you not seen the news where it seems every day a teacher or administrator is accused of doing something wrong. They are working to take the title From preist.

Data to determine who holds that "title" probably does not exist because most cases are never reported. The Catholic Church certainly looks culpable but it occurs in every category of our society. And it occurs between men and minors, women and minors, etc. Any sex act regardless of the genders of the parties involved when one is under the state set age of a minor, is statutory rape regardless of whether consent was given.

With that background, you don't have to have lived long to know it occurs with too much frequency everywhere. If you like anecdotal evidence, there is a standing joke in the hills to never leave your wife with the Preacher. The kind of services he might provide are not always welcome, whether they are needed or not.

JMJ Farms":153m7jbb said:
herofan":153m7jbb said:
M-5":153m7jbb said:
Don't ever come to our church . You might get offended by a sudden outburst and see someone run down the aisle.

That wouldn't shock me at all. That happens sometimes at my church too. I will, however, pass on snakes.

I ain't playing with no snakes. Nothing I've read in the Good Book has directed nor insinuated to me that I should do so. And the same book says "If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret."
If no one can interpret then it's all for show.
You added "unknown". It's not in the book.

M-5":utj8l9jg said:
herofan":utj8l9jg said:
Maybe instead of yelling at graduations, snakes could somehow be incorporated into the ceremony. If that is what some really wanted to do, I'm sure it would be fine. :lol2:
Alot already have a snake involved. Have you not seen the news where it seems every day a teacher or administrator is accused of doing something wrong. They are working to take the title From preist.
Unfortunately nobody has a monopoly on it. One is too many but 300 priests in 70 years. Not bad for a state that has over 1000 priests. It's much much higher among protestant and non denominational congregations.

TexasBred":1hlxnpwd said:
M-5":1hlxnpwd said:
herofan":1hlxnpwd said:
Unfortunately nobody has a monopoly on it. One is too many but 300 priests in 70 years. Not bad for a state that has over 1000 priests. It's much much higher among protestant and non denominational congregations.
The problem is no one seems to be man enough to man up. It happened and those that did it need to be punished not protected.

Bright Raven":2tduuhgs said:
M-5":2tduuhgs said:
herofan":2tduuhgs said:

Data to determine who holds that "title" probably does not exist because most cases are never reported. The Catholic Church certainly looks culpable but it occurs in every category of our society. And it occurs between men and minors, women and minors, etc. Any sex act regardless of the genders of the parties involved when one is under the state set age of a minor, is statutory rape regardless of whether consent was given.

With that background, you don't have to have lived long to know it occurs with too much frequency everywhere. If you like anecdotal evidence, there is a standing joke in the hills to never leave your wife with the Preacher. The kind of services he might provide are not always welcome, whether they are needed or not.
My wife goes to church regular, and sometimes I wish the preacher would keep her.

Status
Not open for further replies.