Redneck Logic

Help Support CattleToday:

houstoncutter

Reaction score
Was dragged of to a social event the other day by the wife....you know the type where you seem like a duck out of water...In my case it couldnt be more true...A redneck, in with a bunch of judges,doctors, lawyers, college professors, and so on. Anyway they were chatting about the recent ruling from the 9th circut of appeals, dealing with the Arizona immigration laws. Everybody was giving their views, and I guess somebody wanted to hear from the class idiot, that being me. What would I do to stop illegal immigration? So I gave them my redneck opinion. Build two simple wire fences, with about two hundred yards between em along the boarder. This would keep livestock and some wildlife out. Would be cheap to build, put up signs and speakers stating do not enter. THEN lay down a minefield!!! We are not trying to keep people in our country, they can leave anytime they so choose. Sir Charles learned their was a heavy price to pay, for trying to sneek into your firebase in Vietnam!

It got really quite in that room. A few guys agreed, but most said, "how uncivilized." I am afraid our country is lost....Am I so wrong in my opinion?

HC, I do not think you are lost in your opinion just a little off with the geography...that application of fencing and mine field needs to be applied around Washington DC.

houstoncutter":1c3w11ty said:
Was dragged of to a social event the other day by the wife....you know the type where you seem like a duck out of water...In my case it couldnt be more true...A redneck, in with a bunch of judges,doctors, lawyers, college professors, and so on. Anyway they were chatting about the recent ruling from the 9th circut of appeals, dealing with the Arizona immigration laws. Everybody was giving their views, and I guess somebody wanted to hear from the class idiot, that being me. What would I do to stop illegal immigration? So I gave them my redneck opinion. Build two simple wire fences, with about two hundred yards between em along the boarder. This would keep livestock and some wildlife out. Would be cheap to build, put up signs and speakers stating do not enter. THEN lay down a minefield!!! We are not trying to keep people in our country, they can leave anytime they so choose. Sir Charles learned their was a heavy price to pay, for trying to sneek into your firebase in Vietnam!

It got really quite in that room. A few guys agreed, but most said, "how uncivilized." I am afraid our country is lost....Am I so wrong in my opinion?

A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.
A learned blockhead is a greater blockhead than an ignorant one.
Benjamin Franklin

No, you're not wrong. You just made the mistake of living in the real world.

hillbillycwo":2sa8kadr said:
HC, I do not think you are lost in your opinion just a little off with the geography...that application of fencing and mine field needs to be applied around Washington DC.

Now that's an interesting idea.....

The country is run by liberal lawyers no common sense. I like your idea is cheap works whats not to like.

You know why a rattlesnake won't bite a lawyer professinal courtesy.

So you've got two fences and speakers. If every time there was a big bannggg, the speakers announced " clean up in aisle 9", that would be uncivilized.

Train":am2m45kv said:
So you've got two fences and speakers. If every time there was a big bannggg, the speakers announced " clean up in aisle 9", that would be uncivilized.

No clean up necessary...nature will take care of that.

TexasBred":2vy8yn9c said:
Train":2vy8yn9c said:

No clean up necessary...nature will take care of that.

But if a buzzard lands on a mine during "clean up" then the humane society gets involved. :mrgreen:

We'd have to teach them how to read. So they can read the signs. Oh wait. Aren't we already doing that?

Sad but signs on both sides of the wire would need to be in spanish. Even in KY we are starting to see signs in both English and spanish. Put the signs in English and either they learn it or move away. I refuse to learn spanish and will not hire a hand that can't speak English. For that I am labeled a racist...

Good idea but it won't work.

They would just force some poor innocent to walk it in front of them.

Howdyjabo":1l3605e7 said:
Good idea but it won't work.

They would just force some poor innocent to walk it in front of them.

Bouncing Bettys will get around this problem...A minefield is simple, cheap, and Effective!

Another possibility is to cut the supports on the hammock some have woven out of the safety net we provide and make people work for a living. If there are no jobs to fill the illegals would go home.

I know better than start, I like punishing the people that profit off of them...

1. anyone or any company that Rents to or houses them...Fine, and jail time.
2. Anyone that employes them or gives them $$$$$$$.. Huge Fine and then jail
3. No child of a illegal person, is a American citizen, Why should they be able to break ours laws and then profit fro it..??????

422-TIPS, turn them in and get 1,000 $$$$....Heck we could get rich...

One problemo, Black Coos. It's illegal to ask for the credentials of suspected illegals so there's no way of knowing who's legal and who's not.

ga.prime":9sjapyb4 said:
One problemo, Black Coos. It's illegal to ask for the credentials of suspected illegals so there's no way of knowing who's legal and who's not.

I always thought it was pretty easy to tell.

We have hispanics here whose roots go back to fighting at the Alamo and before. Yes. They fought along side our ancestors at both the Alamo and San Jacinto. They are good folks and shouldn't be confused. I don't have any problem and never get them confused although others do for some reason or another.

houstoncutter":13grvqy3 said:
Was dragged of to a social event the other day by the wife....you know the type where you seem like a duck out of water...

I usually know I'm in the wrong place when I'm the only one there with boots on.

Since HSUS has put so many trappers out of work, we could use their expertise. Though, I don't think you could get much for the hides.

backhoeboogie":1f63p2if said:
ga.prime":1f63p2if said:

I always thought it was pretty easy to tell.

We have hispanics here whose roots go back to fighting at the Alamo and before. Yes. They fought along side our ancestors at both the Alamo and San Jacinto. They are good folks and shouldn't be confused. I don't have any problem and never get them confused although others do for some reason or another.

Amen Boogie as my grandchildren are hispanic's and had ancestors in and out of the Alamo and San Jacinto as well.
Boogie our ancestors fought in two civil wars one in Mexico and one in the U.S. My ancestors were Mexican citizens that revolted against the government. Side note 4/21 will be the 175 th anniversary of the battle of San Jac the most influental battle forming the US as we know it today. The Texaican Hispanics wore cards in their hats in the battle not to be confused with the Mexican soldiers.
It is not the illegals fault it is ours, if the shoe was on the other foot I would be crossing that river as well, to feed my family. Anything colonized by Spain has a corrupt government and I guess always will.
Mexico has no desire to stop the flow of illegals as we serve as their welfare system and pump billions of dollars into there economy.
The fault lies in the greed of a pit of vipers in D.C. each party exploits the issue out one side of it's mouth while turning a blind eye to it.

Black Coos":9qydwsr9 said:
2. Anyone that employes them or gives them $$$$$$$.. Huge Fine and then jail

I'm guilty so fine me. Of course every illegal I've hired was provided me by the federal government and each one provided me with paperwork proving they were legal. Based on the laws of discrimination I COULD NOT NOT HIRE THEM or be faced with a discrimination lawsuit. When the federal government comes up with a system so employers can easily screen for illegals then and only then should they held responsible .... it is not our job as employers to also do the job that we pay immigration and law enforcement to do.

Caustic Burno":9qydwsr9 said:
The fault lies in the greed of a pit of vipers in D.C. each party exploits the issue out one side of it's mouth while turning a blind eye to it.

No truer words have been said. Its a joke. The illegals know its a joke. The irony is they go back to Mexico for two week vacation and are back at work just as promised. It wouldn't surprise me if there isn't some grant providing them with bus service.

Most of the people living in this country are descendants of immigrants that entered this country legally and have fought for this country and its freedoms. As hard as it may be to do, somebody has to say when the bus is full.

Latest posts