red simmis

Help Support CattleToday:

SixMile

Reaction score
What are the hottest red simmi lines out there right now? What do u think of a remmington/reba mating?

Ankony Caesar, Remington Red Label, LRS Red Reality, SF What a Dream (although I would stay away from Dream On genetics) .. of course more choices if you're talking about Fleck influenced red bulls.

I've got a calf due in April out of Poppingood. Haven't seen any progeny out of him yet, so we'll see.

Currently, we have GREAT choices for a red bull. Few years ago I had to hussle to find a good one.
We tried Beef Maker last year - don't have any offspring yet.
Why say to stay away from Dream On genetics? Granted, every other RED bull being offered is a DO son, but he is tried & true - great offspring. We use him & used his sons Scarlette Dream & Antoinette Star.
Don't like Red Reality - throws post legged cattle.
Might be trying Caesar this year. Have heard hot & cold reports on Red Label.
But the hottest line would have to be Dream On.

I agree with Jeanne ... the Dream On offspring are reliable and highly desired. We are currently birthing a few Dream On calves and really like them. Just had an awesome 75 lb solid red (with a small blaze on his face) purebred bull calf over the weekend. On the fleck side, we have used BHR Three Sixes and had good success with him.

Latest posts