Red meat study..

Help Support CattleToday:

I dunno about poison but the few times I tried yogurt I nearly gagged.
I do like peanut butter and jelly samiches tho, and even more, peanut butter/bananas mixed together. (what else ya gonna do with bananas that have turned black?)
Feed it to my hogs to make bacon. We eat healthy around here. No fruit just big chunks of fatty meat and eggs.

As said... I've ignored the hype over fat and red meat and pretty much eat whatever I want. And that means I eat plenty of fat instead of throwing it in the trash. I think the cholesterol numbers are from eating tree nuts. Almonds in particular, but also cashews and other nuts. What I understand is that almonds trigger your body to not produce cholesterol because cholesterol is made by your own body... not getting it from anything you eat. I probably eat half a cup of almonds a week and the same amount of cashews.

My personal opinion too... I think stress has a lot to do with blood chemistry and once I shed my political extremism everything improved. Being angry over things, expectation of perfection, over things that have no reasonable solution was hard on me.
I agree. I pretty much eat whatever I want also. My numbers however where terrible. I did get them down by eating better but, my busy schedule just made it too hard and I wasn't happy trying to eat what I was eating to keep numbers down. I take the meds now. I think allot of it is just genetics too.

As a kid in the 50's my folks were struggling. Grandpa like to fish. To say we ate a lot of salmon is an understatement. Not that canned pink salmon crap. Good fresh silver and king salmon. I can remember my sister saying oh no not salmon again. Mom said shut up and eat it, it is brain food. Sister's IQ now tests in the genius level. Back then who knew that salmon was supposed to be that good for you.

If I rode a bike 30-150 miles/day, I'd look like I was going to fall over too.
150 miles in a 24 hour day means an average of over 6 MPH. Pretty hard to maintain that speed for that long unless it is all on flat level ground.

If I rode a bike 30-150 miles/day, I'd look like I was going to fall over too.
150 miles in a 24 hour day means an average of over 6 MPH. Pretty hard to maintain that speed for that long unless it is all on flat level ground.
When he was younger he was averaging over 20 mph on the longer rides. I think he's still in the high teens. These aren't wally world bikes. Last year he went and rode across Oklahoma from South to North. Some long straight road goes across the state. Maybe hwy 81 or 183, I can't remember. He barely missed the record. Most days he rides to work. It's probably a 35 mile round trip for him.

I agree. I pretty much eat whatever I want also. My numbers however where terrible. I did get them down by eating better but, my busy schedule just made it too hard and I wasn't happy trying to eat what I was eating to keep numbers down. I take the meds now. I think allot of it is just genetics too.
I'm sure genetics has something to do with it... but my numbers were way high at one time, now low, and as far as I know my genetics haven't changed.

I went to a holistic Dr a few years back due to my numbers being bad on my wellness exam at work. My triglycerides were in the 300's, cholesterol 300, and my liver enzymes were high due to the high triglycerides. She told me that my problem was I was overloading on carbs and sugar, told me I could eat all the fat I wanted and no more than 130 grams of carbs a day, nothing cooked in vegetable oils. We cook with olive oil, coconut oil and lard or bacon fat now. I lost 20 lbs pretty fast when I first started it, I've gained 10 of those back but it's not as much belly fat as it was before, but I'm not eating as strict as I was but need to get back on tack. It definitely made me aware of the crap I was eating before, I try to avoid packaged and processed foods altogether. When I went less than a year after eating like this to get bloodwork again, cholesterol was 220, triglycerides in the 90s and liver enzymes all normal. I eat lots of meat and fat. I get told by nurses and dieticians within my family that I eat too much meat and fat and that it's going to cause me to have heart disease, one even told me it was going to make my triglycerides and cholesterol high, I kindly tell them how eating like that has actually improved my numbers significantly. They still want to argue about it.

I went to a holistic Dr a few years back due to my numbers being bad on my wellness exam at work. My triglycerides were in the 300's, cholesterol 300, and my liver enzymes were high due to the high triglycerides. She told me that my problem was I was overloading on carbs and sugar, told me I could eat all the fat I wanted and no more than 130 grams of carbs a day, nothing cooked in vegetable oils. We cook with olive oil, coconut oil and lard or bacon fat now. I lost 20 lbs pretty fast when I first started it, I've gained 10 of those back but it's not as much belly fat as it was before, but I'm not eating as strict as I was but need to get back on tack. It definitely made me aware of the crap I was eating before, I try to avoid packaged and processed foods altogether. When I went less than a year after eating like this to get bloodwork again, cholesterol was 220, triglycerides in the 90s and liver enzymes all normal. I eat lots of meat and fat. I get told by nurses and dieticians within my family that I eat too much meat and fat and that it's going to cause me to have heart disease, one even told me it was going to make my triglycerides and cholesterol high, I kindly tell them how eating like that has actually improved my numbers significantly. They still want to argue about it.

have you seen the new food pyramid... they calll it the food compass or some BS..

food-compass-grain-scores.png

yummy mommy.. cherrios are sooo heatthy!!! you guys know that TSP powder you use to clean / etch items?? YUP>> IN CHEERIOS~!~~~! YUM!!

Food-compass-scores.png

yum mommy! I want lucky charms with m@m's with almond milk!! so healthy!!! YUM!!!

i like how they actually use the brand name as well..

here you go kids.. your brand name food compass of highly processed crap.. very good for you..

So what's up with the Flouride? Is it killing us or altering our brains?

they put that crap in a lot of things. It dumbs the population down, lowering IQ and making you ' not care about problems '

its a toxic by-product of the phosphate industry. highly regulated toxic chemical that costs them a fortune to get rid of... BUT.. if they can find someone to BUY IT.. then it becomes a sellable product.. so they sell it... mostly to towns / cities... .to dump into their water supply. HEY EVERYONE.. thats sounds like a good idea! YOu know.. . for your teeth and all.

Just had my blood chemistry tested. HDL was 40, LDL was 60, and the doc said he'd never seen anyone's cholesterol so low without meds. A while back I read something that made me think eating red meat, and particularly fat, was good for a person. It also said that tree nuts, especially almonds, were good for lowering cholesterol. I eat a lot of almonds. I love fat, so I eat as much as I care to eat and have been for about ten years. Back then my LDL cholesterol was over 400.

It is so odd what human beings believe, and why. Meat, and particularly fat, is what has kept human beings alive throughout our entire prehistory.
My report Total 95, HDL 42, LDL 49, numbers have gone up about 10% since I cut back
on my beer drinking. 65 Years old.

they put that crap in a lot of things. It dumbs the population down, lowering IQ and making you ' not care about problems '

its a toxic by-product of the phosphate industry. highly regulated toxic chemical that costs them a fortune to get rid of... BUT.. if they can find someone to BUY IT.. then it becomes a sellable product.. so they sell it... mostly to towns / cities... .to dump into their water supply. HEY EVERYONE.. thats sounds like a good idea! YOu know.. . for your teeth and all.
Sounds logical to me. All this time I thought it was just good for your teeth.

As said... I've ignored the hype over fat and red meat and pretty much eat whatever I want. And that means I eat plenty of fat instead of throwing it in the trash. I think the cholesterol numbers are from eating tree nuts. Almonds in particular, but also cashews and other nuts. What I understand is that almonds trigger your body to not produce cholesterol because cholesterol is made by your own body... not getting it from anything you eat. I probably eat half a cup of almonds a week and the same amount of cashews.

My personal opinion too... I think stress has a lot to do with blood chemistry and once I shed my political extremism everything improved. Being angry over things, expectation of perfection, over things that have no reasonable solution was hard on me.
So how did you shed your political extremism? I get upset every time I hear something stupid coming from Washington which is almost every day.

I looked at the actual study. Explained this way I don't have a problem with it, but I'm a retired cardiac nurse. Food to the right is good and range of how good. Food to the left is bad and how bad. The stuff in the middle is OK. The colors are based on the main nutrients- Vitamins, minerals, fiber and protein, nutrient ratios, amount of fake and processed ingredients. Well, duh, deserts, salty snacks, cured meats, bread and animal fats are bad but who lives on potato chips and bacon sandwiches.? Occasional BLTs aren't going to kill us. To see it go here and click access article. https://sites.tufts.edu/foodcompass/100_2126.JPG

Latest posts