Red meat study..

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
https://www.realclearscience.com/ar...dy_slams_years_of_shoddy_research_864601.html

The short version.

Decades of 'Red meat bad' are the results of lazy and shoddy research and red meat (risk) is all but non existent with the only possible risk coming from substituting too much red meat for vegetables.

"The evidence for a direct vascular or heath risk from eating meat regularly is very low, to the point that there is probably no risk," commented Dr. Steven Novella, a Yale neurologist and president of the New England Skeptical Society. "There is, however, more evidence for a health risk from eating too few vegetables. That is really the risk of a high-meat diet, those meat calories are displacing vegetable calories."

Last edited:
https://www.realclearscience.com/ar...dy_slams_years_of_shoddy_research_864601.html

The short version.

Decades of 'Red meat bad' are the results of lazy and shoddy research and red meat (risk) is all but non existent with the only possible risk coming from substituting too much red meat for vegetables.

"The evidence for a direct vascular or heath risk from eating meat regularly is very low, to the point that there is probably no risk," commented Dr. Steven Novella, a Yale neurologist and president of the New England Skeptical Society. "There is, however, more evidence for a health risk from eating too few vegetables. That is really the risk of a high-meat diet, those meat calories are displacing vegetable calories."
Just had my blood chemistry tested. HDL was 40, LDL was 60, and the doc said he'd never seen anyone's cholesterol so low without meds. A while back I read something that made me think eating red meat, and particularly fat, was good for a person. It also said that tree nuts, especially almonds, were good for lowering cholesterol. I eat a lot of almonds. I love fat, so I eat as much as I care to eat and have been for about ten years. Back then my LDL cholesterol was over 400.

It is so odd what human beings believe, and why. Meat, and particularly fat, is what has kept human beings alive throughout our entire prehistory.

check out some of the studies in poor countries like africa.. where they gave just a tiny bit of red meat to young kids vs. the others who didn't get any.. the brain power increased an insane amount.

another reason why they want you on created factory made goyslop..

check out some of the studies in poor countries like africa.. where they gave just a tiny bit of red meat to young kids vs. the others who didn't get any.. the brain power increased an insane amount.

another reason why they want you on created factory made goyslop..
Take your anti-semitism elsewhere, please.

The short version.

Glad to see Ancel Keys get the credit he truly deserved. All this anti-fat shinola was based on epidemiology which can prove correlation but not cause. Now it's been 40 years and we have type 2 diabetes.

Glad to see Ancel Keys get the credit he truly deserved. All this anti-fat shinola was based on epidemiology which can prove correlation but not cause. Now it's been 40 years and we have type 2 diabetes.
First tobacco, then sugar, then oil. It's amazing how much misinformation money can buy.

I don't understand. Are you perhaps being facetious/sarcastic?
He lived to be 100 years old but he WAS one of the ones that 1st claimed fat in meat was the leading cause of heart disease.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/the-hidden-truth-behind-ancel-keys-famous-fat-graph

First tobacco, then sugar, then oil. It's amazing how much misinformation money can buy.
It's also true that a lie repeated often enough becomes the truth. Now that the lipid heart hypothesis has been debunked it will still take years to go mainstream. We just happen to see it earlier than most because we have a dog in this race.

I probably missed it, but what is your diet to have numbers so low. I didn't even think that would be possible without living on peanut butter and yogurt.

Just had my blood chemistry tested. HDL was 40, LDL was 60, and the doc said he'd never seen anyone's cholesterol so low without meds. A while back I read something that made me think eating red meat, and particularly fat, was good for a person. It also said that tree nuts, especially almonds, were good for lowering cholesterol. I eat a lot of almonds. I love fat, so I eat as much as I care to eat and have been for about ten years. Back then my LDL cholesterol was over 400.

It is so odd what human beings believe, and why. Meat, and particularly fat, is what has kept human beings alive throughout our entire prehistory.
I probably missed it, but what is your diet to have numbers so low. I didn't even think that would be possible without living on peanut butter and yogurt.

I don't understand. Are you perhaps being facetious/sarcastic?
He lived to be 100 years old but he WAS one of the ones that 1st claimed fat in meat was the leading cause of heart disease.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/the-hidden-truth-behind-ancel-keys-famous-fat-graph
I'm being sarcastic. Ancel Keys was one of the researchers on a really good study in the early 70's that basically proved him wrong. They buried the research because they didn't like the outcome.

Nina Teicholz did some great study on this subject and got raked over the coals.

As said... I've ignored the hype over fat and red meat and pretty much eat whatever I want. And that means I eat plenty of fat instead of throwing it in the trash. I think the cholesterol numbers are from eating tree nuts. Almonds in particular, but also cashews and other nuts. What I understand is that almonds trigger your body to not produce cholesterol because cholesterol is made by your own body... not getting it from anything you eat. I probably eat half a cup of almonds a week and the same amount of cashews.

My personal opinion too... I think stress has a lot to do with blood chemistry and once I shed my political extremism everything improved. Being angry over things, expectation of perfection, over things that have no reasonable solution was hard on me.

That stuff is poison
I dunno about poison but the few times I tried yogurt I nearly gagged.
I do like peanut butter and jelly samiches tho, and even more, peanut butter/bananas mixed together. (what else ya gonna do with bananas that have turned black?)

Latest posts