Red and grey brahman

Help Support CattleToday:

Dvperez81

Reaction score
Bayside (5 boroughs) NY . El Peten Guatemala .
Stupid question I must ask, If the Bull is red and the heifer is white/grey whats the offspring gonna look liike???? Reason i ask is because we already have a grey bull that is 2 1/2 my dad was just given another bull a red brahman as a gift. I keep telling my dad to keep the grey cause the heifers are all white/grey. some arent even purebred brahmans(the multiple colored ones) . BTW the grey male has not bred with any heifers. All the calves were from another grey brahman that my uncle lent him.

I'm confused.. are you talking about red and gray Brahmans, or different breeds?

If you mix red and gray Brahmans you'll get red and gray calves, some with spots of color, some gray with a slight "tinge" of red.

Hill Creek Farm":3o0gmqvn said:
bubchub":3o0gmqvn said:
Alot of them well be yellow which I was told was undesirable and harder to sell.
Thats funny, because the yello looking cattle in my parts sell pretty good at the stock sales. Take care. :cboy:

All I know is when we went and bought our brahman bulls, the man tried to sell me a yellow heifer. The workers said that they called all the yellows and sold them at reduced prices.

i always liked the grays that had the yellow tinge. they were good cows. one of my favorite old cows when i was a kid looked like she been rubbing her head in mustard.

You'll get varying colours when you use Brahmans. The only way you'll have consistent colours is if you research the pedigree of the animal with which you use. I'm using a polled dun coloured Brahman bull over my heifers this year. I possibly won't have much brindling because he has a light coloured nose rather than the usual black nose of Brahman.
Doesnt matter they are good cattle as pures or as a cross.

Proverbs 12:10":xwidehta said:
The deeper/richer the red the better. What are you doing with brammers that far north? NYC?

I live in NYC , I have a cattle ranch down in Guatemala(central america)

http://cattletoday.com/photos/data/503/1ff4re2.jpg Here is apic of the cattle I sold back in december . BTW currently I buy bulls feed them plenty and sell . Not breeding many yet because not enough heifers only had 14 calves in the 2 years ive been doing this .

yellow brahmans?? :?: huh? never seen or heard of one 'em before some one pos a pic of one please

Latest posts