Recapped front 4 rib tires

Help Support CattleToday:

JW IN VA

Reaction score
Found a company in Nashville who take radial casings and recap to four rib front tractor.
Their 265/75-16 is comparable in size to the 10.00-16s I have now. 107.00 each, shipped. Plus they would be 8 or 10 ply steel belted.
Anyone used these?
I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I've heard of that place. Workmanship used to be pretty good.
We put a set of recaps on that a customer purchased. On a pickup..
He got quite a few miles. I know we've rotated em at least twice. Dangdest thing.
No one round here recaps passenger tires anymore. I wouldnt want em on a steer tire.
But on a tractor? Meh. Might work ok!

Ain't good 4 rib fronts like 12 or 14 ply tho?

I've heard of that place. Workmanship used to be pretty good.
We put a set of recaps on that a customer purchased. On a pickup..
He got quite a few miles. I know we've rotated em at least twice. Dangdest thing.
No one round here recaps passenger tires anymore. I wouldnt want em on a steer tire.
But on a tractor? Meh. Might work ok!

Ain't good 4 rib fronts like 12 or 14 ply tho?
Gensco recaps old aircraft tires to front ribbed tractor tires. I have used them. Just have to fillw ithstop leak as ther is some type of vent in aircraft tiers that makes them leak if you don't have a tube..

Gensco recaps old aircraft tires to front ribbed tractor tires. I have used them. Just have to fillw ithstop leak as ther is some type of vent in aircraft tiers that makes them leak if you don't have a tube..

I think it's because they're tubeless and designed for split rims. The beads are cut down to fit a regular wheel but they will not seal perfectly, so they use slime.

I am not all that crazy about airplane tires. You'll never puncture them, but the tubes will pinch and rub and you'll still get flats, the tubeless type work okay but they ride rougher than heck, slime eventually dries out, and they also need to be used regularly to keep the tire sealed. Unless you spend a lot of time in the briar patch I'd stay away.

Wish I would've known about those 4 rib recaps. That's about the only place I would trust them is on the front of a 2wd tractor.

We run 4 Gensco tires on 2 different tractors for at least 8 years and have never added any air to them . Best tires I have ever run
2 of them are slick as they can be but never came apart or leaked air.
Whats the name of company in Nashville ?

I've got 2ea 15" aircraft tires on an 8' mower. Been there for 12-15 years. Never been flat, don't have and goop in them. Not a split rim. Came from Hay tire in Baldwin, Ks.

We run 4 Gensco tires on 2 different tractors for at least 8 years and have never added any air to them . Best tires I have ever run
2 of them are slick as they can be but never came apart or leaked air.
Whats the name of company in Nashville ?
https://www.tirerecappers.com/

5% Farmer discount when you show your Ag tax-exempt card.

I've got 2ea 15" aircraft tires on an 8' mower. Been there for 12-15 years. Never been flat, don't have and goop in them. Not a split rim. Came from Hay tire in Baldwin, Ks.

Our JD HX15 and 20 have them. They use a 2 piece wheel, bolted together in the middle.

The tubes will rub through and you'll get a flat. If you don't notice right away, which is very easy to do since they are so stiff, the tire will develop rough spots inside and it will never hold a tube again.

I've been getting them foam filled as they go flat, over the years I've done about half on the 15 and a couple on the 20. Just not worth the hassle and down time of waiting on a new tube and hoping it holds air.

I've been getting them foam filled as they go flat, over the years I've done about half on the 15 and a couple on the 20. Just not worth the hassle and down time of waiting on a new tube and hoping it holds air.
What's the roundabout cost in your area to foam fill a tire?

Ever heard of anyone trying to fill them with spray foam insulation from the hardware store?

What's the roundabout cost in your area to foam fill a tire?

Ever heard of anyone trying to fill them with spray foam insulation from the hardware store?

Around $50 for those small tires.

It's not really foam, more like urethane or silicone.

Great stuff might work in a lawn mower or something, but I think in anything heavy it would just crush into powder.

I've never used it either, but I've seen where folks have ran the rubber off of skid steer tires filled with it and it came through. Heard it makes them ride even rougher than before.

I might try the spray foam deal on a tedder tire just for grins. What's the worst that can happen? :ROFLMAO:

I doubt you'll get a 16" tire foam filled for $50.

Here's the information I got. On a 7.50 x 16 three rib tire takes 113# of material at $2.15 per pound = $280.

Foam Filled Tires
Urethane foam can be substituted for air in a tractor tire. Foam is available in several densities which approximate different inflation pressures. Once the foam sets, the tire is truly puncture proof. This is popular with construction equipment, but useful for small tractors as well. Foam-filled tires are several times heavier than air-filled tires.
foam filled tires

We maintain a large inventory of auto, truck, industrial, farm and off-road tires.
We also offer expertise for your terra tire / turf tire and wheel needs, whether it be tire replacement, tire and wheel conversion or retreading.
We are a Goodyear authorized retreader with 3 plants to produce quality tires for your needs. Truck wheel reconditioning and flat-proofing of specialty tires is available. Our technicians can handle your tire service needs in our facility, or on your job site 24-hours a day. Com-Cheks and national account billing are welcome, and centralized billing is available for commercial fleets. If you are traveling, or your busy fleet is on the road, check our map for our other locations across Kansas to meet your service needs!

Make sure the tire you foam fill will last for years to come. If the tread wears out or the sidewall separates removing the tire and foam from the rim is a major task. On skid steers its often cheaper to buy a new rim than it is to fight with the foam mess.

Foam filled offers basically no flex or give so think of the tire as solid steel as far as ride quality.

Oh yes, there is NO flex in a foam filled tire. If one has any back problems a foam filled tire will accentuate it. On a tractor the only shock absorbing being done is the air pressure in the tires, seat springs, and your butt!

Latest posts