Rear tractor tire low on air

Help Support CattleToday:

luke03cr

Reaction score
I have a JD 2355 with large rear tires. I will be baling hay nxt week and noticed my right rear tire is a little low, and that happens to be the side of the tractor that my mower runs on. My ? Is since these tires have ballest in them how do i air it up and check the psi? Thanks.

M5farm":rvadxtft said:
move the tractor so valve stem is on top if your concerned about water getting in your air gauge.
So I can just air it up like that, with no problems?

luke03cr":2tjtw0sa said:
M5farm":2tjtw0sa said:
move the tractor so valve stem is on top if your concerned about water getting in your air gauge.

yes, I'm in north florida and all we use is water so when we fill tires we have a little dodad that hooks to the water hose and valve stem that lets the water go in and the air out. then we inflate to desired pressure.

luke03cr":3gu5dh3g said:
M5farm":3gu5dh3g said:
Yes, but as was said, stem at the top

M5farm":2zdhez5i said:
luke03cr":2zdhez5i said:
M5farm":2zdhez5i said:

yes, I'm in north florida and all we use is water so when we fill tires we have a little dodad that hooks to the water hose and valve stem that lets the water go in and the air out. then we inflate to desired pressure.

What's really fun is when it time to disconnect that dooda to put the valve core back in. Better have a change of clothes or not mind getting wet.

James T":2wvdhila said:

What's really fun is when it time to disconnect that dooda to put the valve core back in. Better have a change of clothes or not mind getting wet.[/quote]
I've still got on of those doohickeys in the shop. Tried it in the desert but the tires would get way too hot and would really puff up. Finally did like most peolpe did and filled them with sand.

hooknline":1kiayhuz said:
How the heck do you put sand in a tire stem?
You don;t put it in through the stem. Dismount one side of the tire with it laying flat and shovel sand into the tire and remount to tire on the rime then fill the tire with air. Makes the rims on the inside stay real shiney

Red Bull Breeder":3gj1t7gf said:
It don't matter where the stem is just air it up and check it.
I just have a "thing" about getting the solution in the tire in the air chuck and gauge.

Latest posts